WorldFish Consultant (Gender Equality and Social Inclusion – GESI) Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the WorldFish is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the Consultant (Gender Equality and Social Inclusion – GESI) position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with WorldFish.
WorldFish Consultant (Gender Equality and Social Inclusion – GESI) Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on April 19, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by May 20, 2022.
|WorldFish EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||April 19, 2022|
|Closing Date||May 20, 2022|
|Position||Consultant (Gender Equality and Social Inclusion – GESI)|
WorldFish Consultant (Gender Equality and Social Inclusion – GESI) Jobs 2022
The WorldFish seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: Ph.D degree.
- Experience: Minimum 10 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: English (proficient/fluent writing and oral skills).
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- Ph.D degree in gender studies, anthropology, geography, sociology, political economy, agricultural economics or any other related field with a specific focus on gender is required.
- At least 10 years of GESI-agriculture experience in the sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) region.
- Excellent understanding of the agribusiness sector, agricultural value chains of various crops, livestock and aquaculture food systems is required.
- A good understanding of gender-transformative approaches and feminist political economy concepts in relation to agri-food systems.
- Reliable analytical and written skills, publications on gender, agriculture, social inclusion in SSA, and able to write good case studies in the agribusiness and/or agricultural sector.
- Excellent research skills, including design of research questions, qualitative data collection, analyzing of the data collected and presenting the data collected to various audiences.
- Ability to lead and/or facilitate a workshop with multiple stakeholders working in the agribusiness sector in Kenya.
- Ability to travel within Kenya if need be.
Position Objective and Scope of Work
- Documenting stories of change using successful cases of agri-entrepreneurs’ actors, providing evidence of impact, policy and institutional strategies, interventions and market innovations in Kenya.
- Facilitate a workshop, to collate mentors, partners, donors, funding instruments at the national level to identify entry points and pathways to change in Kenya. Provide a report after the workshop.
How to Apply?
This opportunity is open for national consultant only and consultant is required to conduct an extensive field visits in Kenya. The selection of consultant will be based on the relevant qualification and experience, and the most competitive proposal.
The interviews are expected to be held in May 2022 and only shortlisted consultant will be notified and expected to attend the interview. The successful consultant should be available to commence the consultancy contract for maximum of two (02) working months in between May and October 2022.
Interested consultant(s) are invited to submit the following information online latest by 20 May 2022:
- A two (02) page (max) cover letter; explaining on your background and list of prior experience that ensures they are qualified to carry out the scope of work; including your daily rate in USD.
- Current curriculum vitae.
- Name and contacts (telephone and e-mail addresses) of three professional referees (clients), you have consulted for. None of referees will be contacted without your permission.
The screening will start as soon as possible, and will continue until the position is filled. Only selected consultant candidates will be contacted.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.worldfishcenter.org|