World Bank Senior External Affairs Officer Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the World Bank is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the Senior External Affairs Officer position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with World Bank.
World Bank Senior External Affairs Officer Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on April 07, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by April 20, 2022.
|World Bank EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||World Bank|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||April 07, 2022|
|Closing Date||April 20, 2022|
|Position||Senior External Affairs Officer|
World Bank Senior External Affairs Officer Jobs 2022
The World Bank seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: Master’s degree.
- Experience: Minimum 8 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: English.
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- Master’s degree with at least 8 years of experience in a relevant discipline (communication, journalism, international affairs, or other related fields).
- Experience working in an international organization and in-depth knowledge of international trends and political/economic issues related to development.
- Up to date knowledge of current development topics and issues and ability to identify communications related risks and opportunities in an international environment.
- A thorough understanding of WBG operations and key corporate issues and priorities.
- Demonstrated political awareness and ability to diplomatically handle sensitive situations with target audiences and to otherwise cultivate effective, productive client relationships/partnerships.
- Experience working with senior executives including experience of managing reputational risks and issues, messaging, stakeholder engagement, and media engagement; and ability to think strategically and rapidly analyze diverse information from varied sources.
- Excellent English language skills and proficiency to write and edit complex communications products for purposeful structure, clarity of ideas, and logical, persuasive presentation, in an accessible way to different audiences.
- Demonstrated ability and the necessary personal organization skills to multitask, take initiative, personal ownership, and accountability to meet deadlines, work under pressure, and achieve agreed-upon results.
- Ability to operate effectively with all levels of staff, both as a team leader and team member and proven track record of building and coaching teams to encourage and develop talent.
- Understanding of project management concepts sufficiently to propose and develop drafts of communications plans and strategies.
- Strong diplomatic, interpersonal, and teamwork skills; sensitivity to working in a multicultural environment.
- Oversee the execution of communications activities for the Country Management Unit (CMU) countries cluster – Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, and Uganda – and coordinate the execution of activities related to the ECR’s strategic communications and issue management by providing advice and review of operational documents, and coordinate submission of communications inputs at relevant stages during the project cycle.
- As a lead for the CMU cluster of countries – Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, and Uganda – provide guidance, mentorship, and work with ECRAE staff in these countries to deliver top quality services and products to the country teams.
- Serve as a Trusted Adviser to the Kenya Country Director, developing leadership communications products and providing high level communications guidance Spearhead the design and implementation of strategies to promote effective communication on World Bank-financed operations in Kenya, its positioning on key development issues, and as a knowledge bank.
- Identify opportunities and forge strategic partnerships, within and outside the World Bank Group (WBG) to improve dialogue, outreach, and stakeholder engagement to strengthen the WBG’s overall effectiveness. Lead in reputational risk identification and mitigation activities in the context of WBG operations by keeping abreast of political economy trends and changing or unexpected circumstances that may impact the World Bank Group and its work, and by determining appropriate strategic actions and responses; advises specific internal and external stake holders Support the ECREA Manager in maintaining alignment between the global, regional, and country narratives and messaging.
- Coordinate the planning and delivery of a range of dissemination products and tools including (but not limited to): Briefings for leadership, media briefing notes for interviews, executive missions, talking points and speeches, news releases, results stories, web stories, brochures, factsheets, social media content, multimedia products that drive our strategic goals and are on-message about the WBG, its policies and operations. Oversee planning, coordination, and logistics for press briefings, major conferences and seminars, executive visits, public or broadcast appearances, and other communications-related activities involving external and/or internal audiences.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://worldbankgroup.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=16943&site=1 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: April 20, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.worldbank.org|