World Bank Senior Environmental Specialist Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the World Bank is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the Senior Environmental Specialist position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with World Bank.
World Bank Senior Environmental Specialist Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on May 03, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by May 16, 2022.
|World Bank EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||World Bank|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||May 03, 2022|
|Closing Date||May 16, 2022|
|Position||Senior Environmental Specialist|
World Bank Senior Environmental Specialist Jobs 2022
The World Bank seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: Advanced degree (PhD or Masters) degree.
- Experience: Minimum 8 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: Fluency in English is required (writing, speaking, listening and reading). Fluency in Swahili is required (writing, speaking, listening and reading).
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- Advanced degree (PhD or Masters) degree in environmental engineering, civil engineering or natural sciences is required.
- A minimum of 8 years of full-time relevant professional experience in the engineering or environmental management sector is required.
- Fluency in English is required (writing, speaking, listening and reading).
- Fluency in Swahili is required (writing, speaking, listening and reading).
- Experience working with contractors that have weak implementation capacity in the area of environmental risk management would be an advantage.
Project Operations and Analytical Work:
- Participate in and/or lead natural resource or environmental management projects and the policy dialog with the government and other stakeholders on environment or natural resources. This includes coordination with other financiers, review of sector policies, strategies, and legislation. A particular focus will be to build a portfolio of environment projects, which could include waste management, flood management, forestry and land restoration, and protected areas management.
- Participate as team member or team leader in the development and/or supervision of implementation of environment or natural resources activities or components in projects, including participation in identification missions; seeking and developing opportunities to integrate sound environmental management and policies in investment project operations; maintaining dialog with the client and enhancing their capacity for understanding and compliance with on environmental policies; and contributing to mission outputs such as back to office reports (BTORs) and Aide Memoires.
- Facilitate and maintain effective communication with relevant communities of practice, including NGOs, academia, civil society, the private sector as well as specialized international organizations in line with the Bank’s Disclosure Policy and need to harmonize with clients and other international financial institutions in the region. In particular, active participation in communities of practice and global level technical innovation and knowledge sharing in the area of pollution management will be an important component of this position.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://worldbankgroup.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=17411&site=1 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: May 16, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.worldbank.org|