World Bank Health Specialist/Health Economist Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the World Bank is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the Health Specialist/Health Economist position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with World Bank.
World Bank Health Specialist/Health Economist Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on March 23, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by April 04, 2022.
|World Bank EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||World Bank|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||March 23, 2022|
|Closing Date||April 04, 2022|
|Position||Health Specialist/Health Economist|
World Bank Health Specialist/Health Economist Jobs 2022
The World Bank seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: Master’s degree.
- Experience: Minimum 5 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: Fluency in English (excellent oral and written communication skills) is required, with ability to prepare documents on complex subjects, speak and write persuasively, and present ideas clearly and concisely. Proficiency in Somali is required.
- Health Specialist/Health Economist
- Job #: req16586
- Organization: World Bank
- Sector: Health/Nutrition/Population
- Grade: GF
- Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
- Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
- Location: Nairobi, Kenya
- Required Language(s): Somali and English
- Closing Date: 4/4/2022 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
- Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- At least a Master’s degree in health economics, public health, or a related field. A PhD would be considered an added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years of full-time relevant professional experience is required.
- Consistent record of working on health, nutrition, and population issues.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with the health sector in developing countries, including institutional set up, health policies and programs, challenges, and priorities.
- Demonstrated expertise in policy dialogue and the ability to interact effectively with Government officials and a range of partners at various levels.
- Prior experience working with/on health systems in Somalia and/or other FCS environments in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Prior experience in an international development institution (public, NGO or private) or academia is preferred.
- Ability to analyze cross-sectional household and facility-level survey data as well as macro-level time-series budgetary and other relevant data.
- Familiarity with statistical analyses, econometric methods, and related software, preferably STATA.
- Demonstrated track record of synthesizing complex analytics and results into user-friendly outputs, including PowerPoint presentations, Policy Briefs and Working Papers.
- Shown analytical skills linking strategic and quantitative analysis, and the ability to inform high-level policy dialogue through strong communications (including writing) skills, including data visualization skills.
- Respectful and client-engagement skills, and demonstrated success working with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and handle multiple tasks, meet changing priorities, and deliver high-quality analysis and work on-time.
- Willingness to travel extensively in country and possible to other countries as necessary, including to remote rural areas.
- Fluency in English (excellent oral and written communication skills) is required, with ability to prepare documents on complex subjects, speak and write persuasively, and present ideas clearly and concisely.
- Proficiency in Somali is required.
Duties and Accountabilities:
The Health Specialist/Economist will have the following key responsibilities, inter alia:
- Provide implementation support, as needed, to the Bank’s HNP portfolio in Somalia, which includes: (i) Improving Healthcare Services in Somalia (“Damal Caafimaad” Project; (ii) COVID-19 Vaccine Emergency project; (iii) health components under (a) Somalia Crisis Recovery Project (SCRP) and (b) Recurrent Cost and Reform Financing (RCRF) Project; and (iv) support for several health Advisory Services and Analytics (ASAs).
- Contribute to the technical discussions and monitoring of the Bank portfolio in close collaboration with the relevant government agencies and development partners.
- Assist the task team with policy dialogue, communications, and interactions with government counterparts, country stakeholders as well as development partners.
- Contribute to sector-specific inputs for various operational products/outputs (e.g., sector/country briefings, background reports, portfolio performance reviews, etc.).
- Contribute to and participate in missions of the health team in Somalia as directed.
- Respond to ad hoc information requests from internal and external parties.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://worldbankgroup.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=16586&site=1 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: April 04, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.worldbank.org|