World Bank ET Temporary Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the World Bank is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the ET Temporary position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with World Bank.
World Bank ET Temporary Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on April 05, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by April 11, 2022.
|World Bank EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||World Bank|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||April 05, 2022|
|Closing Date||April 11, 2022|
World Bank ET Temporary Jobs 2022
The World Bank seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience: Minimum 3 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: English.
- Job #: req16890.
- Organization: World Bank.
- Sector: Information Technology.
- Grade: ET4.
- Term Duration: 1 year 0 months.
- Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment.
- Duty Station: Nairobi
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with 3 years of relevant experience or Associate degree in Computer Science with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrates general knowledge of hardware and software products and problem solving/troubleshooting skills.
- High comfort level with IT systems including: Windows 10; Office 365; Outlook 2013; MS-Office 2010/2013; Remote Access solutions and VPN; Cisco videoconferencing codecs, Cisco Jabber, Cisco VMR and Cisco WebEx; mobile devices (iOS and Android); Service Now; Cloud solutions and collaboration tools such as OneDrive, Office 365, Microsoft Teams, and SharePoint.
- Ability to work in a team environment and across organizational boundaries, as well as to handle multiple projects, and coordinate with outside vendors.
- Similar past work experience in the country of this advertisement or the sub-region.
- Past work experience with IT change management, technology deployments and asset disposal work within office environments.
- High comfort level supporting mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets from both iOS and Android platforms.
- Business level language skills in English is expected.
- Ability to prioritize workload balance conflicting demands and willingness to work extended hours in support of time-critical projects.
- A strong customer orientation and proven ability to deal with staff calmly in a high-pressured environment, including the ability to promote and facilitate cooperation within the organization and with clients.
- Good communication and presentation skills — both verbal and written.
- Highest ethical standards.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment.
- Emphasis on follow-through and accountability.
- Reliability and punctuality.
- Willingness and ability to perform under periods of high client service demand and associated work stress.
- An upbeat, positive attitude and willingness to learn and help others.
- Flexibility and being able to adapt to new situations.
Duties and Accountabilities:
Experienced ET Temporary staff providing direct support to staff working in the Country Office.
- Works directly with customers to probe and ask effective questions to fully diagnose both the root cause of a problem and the customer’s comfort level with technology. Can assess complex, non-routine problems in their area of specialization.
- Supports and maintains the end user environment. This may include assessing, deploying, and implementing hardware and software upgrades.
- Documents, maintains, and enhances work processes and standards in the area, including documenting procedures for troubleshooting and incident resolution/solution.
- Participates in facilities work and vendor management, as part of CO administrative teams. Participates in security and business continuity activities. Troubleshoots, provide workarounds, and permanent fixes to issues identified in the end user environment. Provides technical solutions to imaging and post-install issues.
- Supports installation, maintenance, upgrades to local networks and communications infrastructure.
- Disseminates information on common problems to department staff.
- Tracks trending of issues and escalate, as appropriate.
The ET Temporary staff will be the front-line contact for IT vis-a-vis staff in the office. S/he will respond to their questions and inquiries and provide requested information and assistance. S/he will support and maintain workstation software and deliver related services. S/he provides IT support, analysis, troubleshooting, and informal training on Bank-standard hardware and software. S/he will also provide basic support on IT infrastructure and networking products.
Other responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, the following:
Provide technical support to end users of institutional standard software such as Windows10, Office 365, Outlook, One Drive, Word, Excel PowerPoint and remote access through VPN and RDP.
- Coordinate, plan and schedule the installation and deployment of new images, software/hardware upgrades, and fixes.
- As part of the Emergency Management Team, assist in Business Continuity procedures: Verify backup systems and implement as necessary backup and restore procedure.
- Provide feedback on new software, hardware and services performance and testing.
- Document incident/problem status and resolution in tracking system (Service Now). Document solutions to common problems and respond to frequently asked questions.
- Maintain office inventory of IT related equipment and software licenses, monitoring institutional charges against that inventory.
- Collaborate with the other IT team members in support of Regional and Institutional technical initiatives.
- Provide support for network connectivity or related network issues for the user community to include LAN/WAN, IP, VoIP, 3G/4G mobile devices, video conferencing and wireless environment.
- Provide direction and timely training to end users in software and network usage with an emphasis on guidelines and policies where applicable.
- Promote information security awareness and Institutional guidelines and policies for information security within the unit.
- Configure, install, and update Bank-standard hardware and software, peripheral equipment, and other desktop or portable computing devices.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot hardware, software, and network issues. Seek technical assistance or escalate issues with the appropriate group as necessary and follow-up to ensure resolution.
- Implement software or hardware changes to rectify any issues.
- Document procedures and solutions to common technical problems.
- Provide on-the-spot training to clients, promoting the effective use of technology.
- Support other team members in the scheduling and management of video conferences, webinars and conferencing events using Cisco Webex, Jabber and codec solutions.
- Provide solutions and IT support services within the Institutional standards framework and in compliance with Bank IT policies and best practices.
- Ensure that Bank information and information systems are protected in a manner consistent with Bank information security policy, procedures, and standards.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://worldbankgroup.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=16890&site=1 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: April 11, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.worldbank.org|