World Bank Energy Specialist Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the World Bank is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the Energy Specialist position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with World Bank.
World Bank Energy Specialist Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on March 26, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by April 15, 2022.
|World Bank EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||World Bank|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||March 26, 2022|
|Closing Date||April 15, 2022|
World Bank Energy Specialist Jobs 2022
The World Bank seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: Master’s degree.
- Experience: Minimum 5 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: English.
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- Master’s degree in engineering, energy planning/economics, sustainable energy, business administration, or equivalent areas relevant for energy sector development;
- At least 5 years of experience in the energy sector in the World Bank, other international institutions and/or companies, government agencies, and/or power sector utilities with track record of strong performance;
- Understanding of energy policies, planning, regulations, technologies or strategies, private sector participation, and institutional development needed to support development and for the success of project and analytic work;
- Experience in any part of the energy value chain (planning, generation, transmission, distribution, or regulation), and sector reforms and experience working in Sub-Saharan Africa. Experience in working in Kenya and/or Somalia energy sector will be an added advantage;
- Experience working in Fragility Conflict and Violence (FCV) affected countries will be an added advantage;
- Experience in working in World Bank or other International Financial Institutions (IFIs) lending and non-lending operations is desirable;
- Ability to think strategically, work independently, and multi-task complex projects effectively;
- Ability to develop, analyze and articulate project issues and to diagnose problems and propose reliable solutions;
- Demonstrated maturity and aptitude to represent the World Bank in high-level policy dialogue;
- High level of excitement, ability to work independently, taking initiative, and flexibility in quickly adjusting to changing work program requirements;
- Active listening skills, excellent interpersonal skills, able to influence the audience and build positive relationships with clients, different partners and colleagues across units and departmental boundaries in a multi-cultural environment with disperse teams located in different countries;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues at different levels of the organization and in a multi-cultural environment;
Duties & Accountabilities:
- The East Africa unit (IAFE1) of the World Bank seeks an Energy Specialist to be a key member of the Kenya and Somalia Energy Team in its efforts towards provisioning of clean, affordable, efficient, and sustainable electricity to the people of Kenya and Somalia. The work entails strategic, advisory, and operational work. The main responsibility of the candidate will be to support the ongoing sector dialogue, implementation of the investment lending operations, preparation of pipeline, as well as analytical work in Somalia and Kenya’s energy sector. The candidate will also be required to provide support to other country and regional teams in East Africa.
- The responsibilities of the selected candidate will include:
- The Energy Specialist will work on investment projects, analytical work and policy guidance across a range of countries in Sub-Saharan Africa with a particular focus on Kenya and Somalia. The selected candidate will have the following key responsibilities:
- As part of project teams, prepare, appraise, negotiate and supervise energy projects;
- Remain up-to-date with relevant developments in the country and analytical work in the sector;
- Initiate/participate in analytical and strategic work pertaining to energy sector in East Africa in general and Kenya and Somalia in particular including work led by IAFE1 and those that are led by other practice groups but requiring input from energy staff;
- Support the unit’s analytical agenda on improving energy services in Sub-Saharan Africa;
- Coordinate and follow up with government counterparts and consultants, provide high-quality research and analytical support, including drafting policy notes related to energy;
- Contribute to policy dialogue on energy issues and interactions with the client and partners, and alert management (both country and sector) to issues requiring attention;
- Assume an active role in the Kenya and Somalia energy teams with the aim to ensure adequate and appropriate integration of relevant aspects of the energy development agenda in core Bank products, including the country partnership framework, strategic country diagnostic, country economic memorandum etc.;
- Participate in collaborative and coordination efforts, internally with other practices and WBG and externally with other donors and partners, to optimize complementarities with Bank supported projects and program.
- Participate in the dialogue with relevant representatives of the private sector in order to keep abreast with issues related to the business investment climate and identify possible areas of collaboration through public-private-partnerships.
- Draft and provide timely contributions to project documents, project implementation and project completion reports;
- Support the preparation, completion and follow-up of official missions including the drafting of aide memoires and official correspondence;
- Draft and provide timely inputs to sector briefings and policy notes.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://worldbankgroup.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=16753&site=1 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: April 15, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.worldbank.org|