World Agroforestry Centre Procurement Officer Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the World Agroforestry Centre is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the Procurement Officer position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with World Agroforestry Centre.
World Agroforestry Centre Procurement Officer Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on April 14, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by April 22, 2022.
|World Agroforestry Centre EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||World Agroforestry Centre|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||April 14, 2022|
|Closing Date||April 22, 2022|
World Agroforestry Centre Procurement Officer Jobs 2022
The World Agroforestry Centre seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience: Minimum 5 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: English.
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- Bachelor’s degree in procurement and supply chain management or any other business-related degree with a Diploma from Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies (CIPS) or equivalent certification. Membership to a reputable professional body; KISM, CIPS.
- Minimum Five (5) years progressive experience in a procurement and supply chain role.
- Experience in application of Sun6 software, an ERP, or any other procurement software.
- Knowledge of Procurement, logistics and related fields.
- Working Knowledge of ERP systems and related software.
- Reliable and dependable, high level of personal integrity and attention to detail.
- Negotiation skills.
- Excellent analytical and numeracy skills. Excellent customer service and communication skills.
Summary of responsibilities:
- Develop procurement strategies that are innovative, cost effective and enhance best practices. Implement the Global Procurement Policy and guidelines and review the Country-specific Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to ensure compliance.
- Coordinate procurement planning by supporting Scientists and Managers to prepare the Annual Procurement Plans with specifications for goods and services and providing budgetary estimates to achieve a more strategically planned procurement function for the organization.
- Develop and maintain a vendor list through supplier screening and selection with an aim to eventually negotiate for best quality and pricing of products and services.
- Prepare Purchase Orders/Service Orders on the Sun6 software and obtain signatory authorization before dispatching to suppliers. As a Secretary to the Procurement Committee, ensure scheduling of meetings to evaluate, analyse and review purchase documents.
- Logistics management: Enhance management of the vendor delivery function and dispatch processes of procured goods to users. Maintaining records of purchased goods and inventory. Liaison with customs clearing agents to ensure that imports and exports are handled efficiently.
- Supplier relationship management. Working closely with suppliers and end users to negotiate and review performance levels and identify remedial action for a reliable supply chain process.
- Contracts management: Review various contracts, sale agreements, etc. in consultation with the Supervisor and end users to ensure key requirements are incorporated to safeguard the organization interests against risk exposure.
- Asset Management: Assist the Administrator to ensure proper recording of assets once purchased.
- Process VAT refunds and make follow up with the Kenya Revenue Authority, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and the suppliers so that approvals and refunds are obtained.
- Records management and reporting: Update and ensure safe custody of all procurement related records both digital and physical.
- Participate in donor, internal and external audits.
- Any other duties as maybe assigned by the Supervisor.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://recruit.zohopublic.com/recruit/PortalDetail.na?iframe=true&digest=pUDVlWXYHxxdv0K@b0J3wP9MZBk9tGF0rwJWBFcmcwY-&jobid=213385000011899115&widgetid=213385000000056448&embedsource=CareerSite to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: April 22, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||worldagroforestry.org|