WHO Technical Officer One Health and Zoonotic Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the WHO is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the Technical Officer One Health and Zoonotic position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with WHO.
WHO Technical Officer One Health and Zoonotic Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on April 19, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by May 10, 2022.
|WHO EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||World Health Organization (WHO)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||April 19, 2022|
|Closing Date||May 10, 2022|
|Position||Technical Officer One Health and Zoonotic|
WHO Technical Officer One Health and Zoonotic Jobs 2022
The World Health Organization (WHO) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: Advanced University degree.
- Experience: Minimum 7 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: Excellent knowledge of English. Working knowledge of French.
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- Advanced University degree in veterinary or human medicine, with a master’s degree in public health or Epidemiology.
- Advanced training in One Health, Emergency preparedness and Response, and experience in zoonotic diseases epidemiology or public health related emergency management.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in the area of epidemiology and/ or public health of infectious disease surveillance, outbreaks investigations and emergency responses. Relevant experience in WHO policy and operational procedures for emergency response, including; health emergency information, risk assessment and infectious hazard management and One Health Agenda.
- Experience in implementation of public health surveillance and outbreak investigation and response, with special focus on zoonotic diseases and application of One Health principle, would be an added advantage. Experience working in an international organization and/ or in developing countries. Experience on assessment of public health events and simulation exercise.
- Skills, proficiency and knowledge in operational planning, coordination, advocacy and broad technical knowledge in epidemiology and/or Public Health in the context of improving the health of populations and/or health security. Experience and ability to design, evaluate and monitor multi-partners work plans. Good writing skills and ability to draft, evaluate and edit technical reports and publications. Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and consultative skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, virtual meeting software.
- Demonstrated computer skills with emphasis on data management.
Description Of Duties
In order to support the implementation of emergency preparedness and response strategies and tools for disease/infection prevention, control and monitoring using the One Health principles, the Technical Officer will undertake the following duties:
- Advocate for and promote integration of one- health approach in emergency preparedness and response by all stakeholders at regional, sub-regional and country level.
- Strengthen Member States capacity in preparedness, management and control of infectious hazards including VHFs, through providing strategic guidance on the use of the One Health approach and principles. Information.
- Support Member States to establish and/or strengthen coordinated inter-linked surveillance and information sharing systems by promoting the One Health approach and its use in early warning systems.
- Develop/update risk assessment for zoonotic diseases and strategic prevention and control tools and support risk assessment in ESA countries using the standardized tools.
- Support countries to develop and/or review preparedness and response action plan(s) for highly pathogenic zoonotic diseases in line with the One Health Approach/ Agenda and policies.
- Monitor and evaluate of the implementation of the action plan(s) and provide appropriate recommendations and technical advices, accordingly.
- Support on the preparation of regular information products including progress reports on integration and application of One Health Approach and daily situation reports on the evolution of the zoonotic disease outbreaks, ongoing and planned activities.
- Coordinate and establish effective mechanism for collaboration and communication with related partners e.g. (OIE, FAO, UNEP, etc..), to implement One Health agenda, in preparedness and response to zoonotic diseases outbreaks.
- Contribute to field and laboratory investigations of zoonotic diseases and promote prevention and control strategies in animals, to prevent animal-human transmission.
- Perform any other assignments as delegated by the supervisor.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://careers.who.int/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=2203700 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: May 10, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.who.int|