WHO Public Health Officer Jobs 2022 Ethiopia: Currently the WHO is hiring employees for their upcoming projects Vacancy for the Public Health Officer position. Now for all Ethiopian’s NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with WHO.
WHO Public Health Officer Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on 07 May 2022. Candidates can apply via online by 21 May 2022.
|WHO EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||World Health Organization (WHO)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||07 May 2022|
|Closing Date||21 May 2022|
|Position||Public Health Officer|
WHO Public Health Officer Jobs 2022
The World Health Organization (WHO) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Education: University Degree.
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years
- Language: Excellent knowledge of English. Working knowledge of the local language.
- Duty Station: Addis Ababa
- Contract Duration: 6 Months
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- First university degree in medicine or public health with specialization in epidemiology,
- Minimum of two (2) years working experience in areas of public health or epidemiology with national authorities.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Assess threats to human life and health, damage to health infrastructure for primary and secondary care, the state of health referral and support systems, including cold chain, laboratory, essential drugs/medical supplies and health information systems, accessibility of essential health and nutrition services and the vital needs of the affected populations.
- Provide dedicated emergency management response interventions support to the Field coordinator to implement and monitor the effectiveness of the response.
- Collaborate with national/local authorities and health partners to coordinate and implement public health response activities as part of the health cluster’s strategic response/HNO; analyze existing coordination mechanisms, designing and recommending improvements.
- Provide analysis of the public health risks, needs and capacities and advise on priority interventions for WHO and partners; challenges and operational course correctors, as applicable.
- Facilitate the implementation of effective public health programmes and interventions through all life cycles, this might include maternal and newborn health, health promotion and education, risk communication and community engagement, NCDs, gender-based violence focusing on clinical management of rape and the elderly.
- Assess and facilitate capacity building for management of epidemic prone diseases
- Secure information from a broad range of health sectors, analyzing such and consolidating health data in trends and trends assessment, with attention to surveillance, monitoring and early warning.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://careers.who.int/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?… to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: 21 May 2022
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.who.int|