WHO Operations Support and Logistics Officer Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the WHO is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the Operations Support and Logistics Officer position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with WHO.
WHO Operations Support and Logistics Officer Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on April 18, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by May 7, 2022.
|WHO EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||World Health Organization (WHO)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||April 18, 2022|
|Closing Date||May 7, 2022|
|Position||Operations Support and Logistics Officer|
WHO Operations Support and Logistics Officer Jobs 2022
The World Health Organization (WHO) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: Master’s level university degree.
- Experience: Minimum 07 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: Essential: Excellent knowledge of English. Desirable: Knowledge of another UN official language would be an asset.
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- Master’s level university degree in public or business administration, logistics management or engineering from an accredited/recognized institute.
- Professional certification/qualification in areas such as transport, distribution and supply chain management. Degree or training in information management systems and their application to logistic, transport or supply management and monitoring.
- At least seven years’ related experience, at the national and international levels, in managing emergency logistics operations and supply operations in international organizations/institutions, part of which in the field supporting emergency humanitarian operations.
- Prior working experience with WHO, UN agencies, health clusters partners, recognized humanitarian organizations or with an international nongovernmental organization.
- Experience or knowledge of import/export and customs administration
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to coordinate activities and multitask.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to negotiate with and convince officials with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to write in a clear and concise manner, and to present factual information.
- Knowledge or understanding of WHO mandate and goals in the emergency incident management context.
Description Of Duties
- During deployment, the duty station may change, and duties may be modified, based on the technical needs of the Programme. Strategy & management actively participate in the overall management of the WHO emergency response by providing the incident manager with an OSL strategy to ensure the effective integration of logistics operations into WHO’s and the health cluster’s overall incident management system. Plan an end-to-end, timely, and efficient provision of quality and adequate equipment and consumables to support emergency response operations, aiming to reduce the consequences of crises on health systems and populations. Establish partnerships, operational synergies, and coordination of the logistics response, at national level, to ensure effective management of an outbreak and/or health emergency incident, ensuring close engagement with the national authorities and partners in both the Health and Logistics Cluster (or similar coordination structures). Lead and manage the OSL field incident management team, ensuring compliance of the services provided with the OSL procedures and the WHO/OSL Quality Standards.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://careers.who.int/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=2203684 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: May 7, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.who.int|