WHO Nutrition Officer Jobs 2022 Ethiopia: Currently the WHO is hiring employees for their upcoming projects Vacancy for the Nutrition Officer position. Now for all Ethiopian’s NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with WHO.
WHO Nutrition Officer Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on 07 May 2022. Candidates can apply via online by 21 May 2022.
|WHO EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||World Health Organization (WHO)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||07 May 2022|
|Closing Date||21 May 2022|
WHO Nutrition Officer Jobs 2022
The World Health Organization (WHO) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Jijiga, Ethiopia.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Education: University degree.
- Experience: At least five years
- Language: Excellent knowledge of English.
- Duty Station: Jijiga
- Contract Duration: 6 Months
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- A University degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Public Health & Nutrition, pediatrics and child health, International Health & Nutrition, Nutritional Epidemiology, Health & Nutrition Education, Nutrition Promotion and Disease Prevention.
- At least five years of relevant experience, at the national and international levels, in development and management of nutrition programmes. Related working experience in outbreaks and/or health emergency operations in the area of nutrition. Experience in developing and promoting collaborative actions with national authorities.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Advise on the planning, formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of nutrition programmes and activities, in compliance with WHO’s overall strategy, and guidelines.
- Participate and conduct nutrition assessments in collaboration with RHBs, UN agencies and implementing partners to develop response strategies and action plans based on the nutrition situation in the affected areas
- Develop and implement strategies to improve capacity of health staff on the inpatient management of severe acute malnutrition (SAM) with medical complications
- Develop and implement measures to improve capacity of health staff on appropriate infant and young child feeding in emergencies to prevent relapse.
- Support strengthening nutrition surveillance, identify the constraints and gaps and provide technical solutions to improve the system.
- Ensure necessary supplies for the inpatient treatment of SAM.
- Facilitate measures to improve identification of those in need of nutrition interventions and appropriate referrals such as integrate nutrition screening at all levels of the health system (community, PHC, tertiary) including mobile clinics;
- Ensure key nutrition interventions are conducted in the health facilities where appropriate (e.g. iron-folic acid supplementation/micronutrient supplementation in antenatal care, inpatient management of SAM) and that referral is conducted for nutrition interventions where needed (e.g. outpatient SAM, supplementary feeding programmes for MAM and pregnant and lactating women).
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://careers.who.int/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?….. to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: 21 May 2022
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.who.int|