WHO Health Cluster Coordinator Jobs 2022 Ethiopia: Currently the WHO is hiring employees for their upcoming projects Vacancy for the Health Cluster Coordinator position. Now for all Ethiopian’s NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with WHO.
WHO Health Cluster Coordinator Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on 19 April 2022. Candidates can apply via online by 19 May 2022.
|WHO EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||World Health Organization (WHO)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||19 April 2022|
|Closing Date||19 May 2022|
|Position||Health Cluster Coordinator|
WHO Health Cluster Coordinator Jobs 2022
The World Health Organization (WHO) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Education: University degree.
- Experience: At least seven years
- Language: Expert knowledge of English.
- Duty Station: Addis Ababa
- Contract Duration: N/A
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- An advanced university degree (Master’s level or above) in Public Health, Medicine or International Health or related field.
- At least 7 years of relevant experience at national and international level, in developing and promoting collaborative partnerships in emergency and humanitarian relief operations, including experience in managing and coordinating health programs in chronic and acute, sudden-onset emergencies.
Description of Duties:
Needs assessment and gap analysis 1. Manage, coordinate and be the overall lead within the Health Cluster or at Inter-Cluster level for rapid health needs assessments, as well as participatory assessments (Multi Cluster/Sector Initial Rapid Assessments and Humanitarian Needs Overviews, post-event risk assessment Post Disaster/Post Conflict Needs Assessment); be familiar with and ready to choose from existing tools to confirm that the Health Cluster covers all identified humanitarian health needs of the affected population, 2. Collect information from all health partners on Who’s Where, since and until When, doing What (4Ws), and regularly feed the database managed by the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UN-OCHA). Provide consolidated feedback to all partners and the other clusters. Strategic Planning 3. Lead the development, in cooperation with the Health Cluster Members, of the health sector components of the Humanitarian Needs Overview (HNO) and Humanitarian Response Plan (HRP) as well as contingency planning for potential new events and other inter-agency planning, ensure proper linkages with the incident management system, disaster risk reduction, relief and recovery to complement national health sector preparedness/response plans.4. Ensure full compliance with national and international Norms and Standards, oversee that Cross-Cutting issues are mainstreamed in the Health Cluster Response and implementation plans, taking into account the need for local adaptation. Coordination of the Health Cluster:5. Facilitate health partner coordination and involvement in health and other related sector assessments (e.g. nutrition, WASH), planning, information, interventions, monitoring and quality assurance, and regularly report on health services delivered to the affected population.6. Identify urgent technical gaps and training needs in relation to technical standards and protocols for the delivery of key health services to ensure their adoption and uniform application by all Health Cluster partners; identify opportunities for capacity building in collaboration with partners.7. Ensure appropriate links among humanitarian actions and longer-term health sector plans, incorporating the concept of ‘building back better’ and specific risk reduction measures.8. Convene and facilitate consultative and results-oriented meetings in line with the principles of partnership. Organize and conduct joint support missions to field operations
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://careers.who.int/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?… to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: 19 May 2022
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.who.int|