WFP Procurement Officer Local Regional Food Procurement Policy Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the WFP is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the Procurement Officer Local Regional Food Procurement Policy position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with WFP.
WFP Procurement Officer Local Regional Food Procurement Policy Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on May 09, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by May 22, 2022.
|WFP EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||World Food Programme (WFP)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||May 09, 2022|
|Closing Date||May 22, 2022|
|Position||Procurement Officer Local Regional Food Procurement Policy|
WFP Procurement Officer Local Regional Food Procurement Policy Jobs 2022
The World Food Programme (WFP) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: Advanced University degree.
- Experience: Minimum 8 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- Advanced University degree in Agricultural Management, Procurement and Supply Chain Management, Economics, Development Studies, or related fields. A First University degree with additional relevant years of related work experience in agribusiness, value chain/ market development, and inclusive business is advantageous. Additional professional courses in Agricultural Business/Economics or related fields are also a plus.
- At least 8-10 years of meaningful and progressive professional experience in food trade business, agribusiness, and/or value chain/ market development. Experience working in the EAC region and/or a multicultural and fast-paced environment is an added value.
Knowledge & Skills
- Good strategic understanding of Food Systems and Food Value Chains in the region
- A strong understanding of how climate risks and other shocks affect food security in the region.
- Strong project management and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and engagement skills (ability to understand and be understood, diplomatic skills, writing skills)
- Strong interpersonal and coordination skills, ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders from diverse backgrounds externally and internally.
- Capacity to act upon problems (intellectual / problem solving and judgement skills)
- Pro-active prioritising, planning, organizing, coordinating, monitoring, reporting, following up
- Ability to organise work and deliver results with minimal supervision and under time pressure
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Consolidate and analyse data from which to inform Country sourcing strategies or plan specialist procurement initiatives that support effective and cost optimising purchase decisions.
- Provide oversight, guidance and support with / to Country Offices with relatively straight forward procurement needs (moderate value commodities, delivering programmes of a similar nature) on implementing best practice procurement policies and procedures, ensuring a strategic, forward purchasing approach to procurement in compliance with wider WFP policies, standards and regulations.
- Lead the implementation of procurement projects of moderate complexity or manage operational activities for a Country Office (e.g. issue tenders, evaluate offers and negotiate/award contracts), to ensure successful procurement of food and non-food commodities or services.
- Collate information and draft appropriate responses to recommendations to support auditing of procurement activities and ensure conformity with compliance rules.
- Identify, develop and maintain strong relationships with all relevant suppliers and vendors to enable WFP to maximise the value of the service delivered.
- Manage and coordinate effective relationships with inspection and superintendent firms to ensure quality control, specification conformity, volume assessment, monitoring and verification of deliveries.
- Work in close collaboration with cross functional counterparts to align procurement activities and promote an integrated supply-chain approach to food assistance.
- Coordinate and prepare accurate and timely reports of procurement activities to contribute to a WFP wide view that enables informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders, leading to performance optimization.
- Manage individual procurement officers or small procurement teams ensuring appropriate development and enable high performance.
- Build capacity of WFP staff and external partners to take a strategic and proactive approach to the procurement of food and non-food commodities and services e.g., through provision of training sessions.
- Contribute to preparedness actions, providing technical recommendations and guidance and monitor the management of procurement specific risks.
- Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
- Other as required.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://career5.successfactors.eu//career?career_ns=job_listing&company=C0000168410P&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&rcm_site_locale=en_GB&career_job_req_id=162321 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: May 22, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.wfp.org|