WASH Assistant Job 2023 at Dadaab by DRC Career. DRC, an international NGO operating in Kenya, is currently searching for a highly qualified WASH Assistant to join their team.
WASH Assistant Job 2023 at Dadaab by DRC
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private Danish humanitarian non-profit organization, founded in 1956. It serves as an umbrella organization for 33 member organizations. Formed after the Second World War in response to the European refugee crises caused by the Soviet invasion of Hungary in 1956, DRC has been active in large scale humanitarian projects around the world. Through convoy operations DRC was responsible for delivering half of the international humanitarian aid in Bosnia and Herzegovina during the wars of independence in the former Yugoslavia in the 1990s.
Vacancy Post Name:
- WASH Assistant (Hygiene Promotion)
Number of Vacant Post
- 01+ Post
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Last Date to Apply
- 17th March 2023
- Dadaab, Kenya
- WASH Team Leader.
- A public health-related degree or Diploma in Public health /community nursing/ community health/ health promotion from a recognized institution.
- One year of experience working in humanitarian organizations.
- Fluent in English and Somali.
The WASH Assistant will be Responsible for:
- Conducting FGDs for both men and women in the targeted area regarding hygiene activities dedication to specific tours and within the allotted hours.
- Sending weekly/Monthly updates on hygiene promotion sessions on a regular basis and corresponding with the line manager about the accomplishment of hygiene promotion plans
- Promoting safe WASH practices, with a focus on hygiene practices in camps and host communities, including the proper use and upkeep of WASH facilities and services.
- Prepare activity budgets and submit to the WASH to ensure project activities are carried on time.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly plans and share with your supervisor with the aim of implementing them.
- Review learnings on WASH activities and report to your supervisor
- Submit weekly/monthly project updates to the digital learning officer.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master the below DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: you focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: you involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: you take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Advertisement Details and Apply Online
View More Jobs:
|Capital Markets Authority (CMA)|
|One Acre Fund|
|Warehousing and Fulfilment Senior Associate|