Vaccine Management Specialist Job 2023 at Kigali by UNICEF Career. UNICEF, an international NGO operating in Rwanda, is currently searching for a highly qualified Vaccine Management Specialist to join their team.
Vaccine Management Specialist Job 2023 at Kigali by UNICEF
UNICEF, originally called the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund in full, now officially United Nations Children’s Fund, is an agency of the United Nations responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide.
Vacancy Post Name:
- Vaccine Management Specialist -P3/NOC
Number of Vacant Post
- 01 (One)
- United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
Last Date to Apply
- 14th March 2023
- Kigali, Rwanda
- Temporary Appointment, Consultant
- Advanced university degree in Medicine, Public Health or related discipline.
- At least 5 (five) years of practical experience in developing countries in immunizations and primary health care, management, monitoring and evaluation and emergencies in different contexts. Some of this time should have been in emergency relief programmes.
Key activities & Duties:
- Provide support to restore/rehabilitate/reinforce the national cold chain system in collaboration with Government and partners.
- Coordinate with Supply/Operations/Programme Sections within UNICEF to effectively restore and maintain the cold chain system operational at all times.
- Provides technical advice on cold chain logistics arrangement facilitating cost-effective efficient customs clearance, inventory management, distribution and cost effective and safe transportation of emergency supplies and equipment.
- Participate on the planning of the immunization campaign including microplanning detailing all the financial, logistics, HR, administrative cost needed for the activity.
- Responsible for the safe custody of stocks of supplies and equipment awaiting distribution country-wide for projects Maintains and up-to-date inventory/racking system to monitor emergency input and action of UNICEF supplies.
- Co-ordinates on a regular basis with programme/projects specialists to ensure the supplies and equipment are released to projects and to end users in a timely manner and report periodically to the Supply Chain Manager and Chief of Operations on any relevant incident regarding cold chain supplies.
- Establish and maintain regular contact system with customs and port/airport immigration authorities at national ports of entry on the clearance of UNICEF supplies, in keeping with established protocol.
- Develop and maintain partnership and collaborative relations with UNICEF, Government, UN and bilateral counterparts in cold chain logistics activities including distribution, monitoring supply inputs and inventory
Advertisement Details and Apply Now