UNON Senior Procurement Assistant Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the UNON is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the Senior Procurement Assistant position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with UNON.
UNON Senior Procurement Assistant Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on April 14, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by May 12, 2022.
|UNON EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||April 14, 2022|
|Closing Date||May 12, 2022|
|Position||Senior Procurement Assistant|
UNON Senior Procurement Assistant Jobs 2022
The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: High school diploma.
- Experience: Minimum 10 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Working knowledge of another UN language is an asset.
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Passing the Global General Service Test (GGST) is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in the General Services and related categories in the United Nations Secretariat. Successful passing of the Administrative Support Assessment Test (ASAT) in English at the United Nations Headquarters (UNHQ), Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA), United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG), United Nations Office at Vienna (UNOV), International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR) or International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) may be accepted in lieu of the GGST. The GGST is administered to applicants when required before the administration of a written assessment and/or interview.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in procurement or related area is required. At least the last 3 (three) years of experience should be direct first hand procurement experience on acquisition of strategic, high-value and of complex scope of goods and services from worldwide sources and for diversified clients in multiple countries.
- Experience in managing procurement in support of a development programme with multiple thematic areas is desirable.
- Experience in procurement supporting public, private or non-governmental entities that have national, regional or international operations is desirable.
- Working knowledge and experience in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system is desirable.
Reviews, records and prioritizes purchasing requests and obtains additional information/documentation as required; provides assistance to requisitioners in preparing scope of work and specifications of goods and services; proposes product substitutions consistent with requirements to achieve cost savings; determines the availability of funding sources.
- Identifies and recommends sources of procurement; interview potential suppliers.
- Produces tender documents (e.g. Invitations to Bids, Requests for Proposals and Requests for Quotation) based on the nature of the requirements and cost of procurement involved.
- Prepares abstracts of offers and compile data contained in quotations, proposals and bids to determine which supplier can deliver the required goods/services at the best terms and lowest costs possible with due consideration to quality, delivery time, prompt payment and other discounts, transportation costs, etc.
- Prepares and submits LCC and HCC presentations.
- Enters into negotiation of terms and conditions of orders under the guidance of Procurement Officers; obtains credit and other information on proposed suppliers.
- Finalizes purchase orders and contracts for approval by the Procurement Officer; may authorize purchases in line with delegated signature authority, and, if required, prepares submission to the Contracts Committee for review and subsequent approval by the authorized official.
- Resolves issues/problems related to delivered goods, including discrepancies between purchase orders and items/quantities shipped or received; prepares and signs Return to Vendor forms for unacceptable and/or damaged goods received.
- Maintains relevant internal databases and files; keeps track of any contractual agreements, direct provisioning contracts, etc. and informs affected users of contractual rights and obligations.
- Researches, retrieves and presents information from a variety of internal and external sources on sources of supply, vendors by commodity, etc., as well as obtain specifications for new products and equipment on the market.
- Signs procurement orders up to the authorized limit.
- Drafts a variety of correspondence.
- Supervises and assigns and reviews the work of more junior staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=176707 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: May 12, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.unon.org|