UNON Senior Information Systems Assistant Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the UNON is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the Senior Information Systems Assistant position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with UNON.
UNON Senior Information Systems Assistant Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on April 09, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by April 28, 2022.
|UNON EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||April 09, 2022|
|Closing Date||April 28, 2022|
|Position||Senior Information Systems Assistant|
UNON Senior Information Systems Assistant Jobs 2022
The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: Completion of high school diploma.
- Experience: Minimum 10 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is desirable.
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- Completion of high school diploma or equivalent is required. Supplemental courses/technical certificate in information technology or related field is required. Proficiency with IT Security or certification with emphasis on Intrusion Detection Systems and Network Security is desirable. Additional technical training or certification with emphasis on Network Routing and Switching is desirable.
- Passing the Global General Service Test (GGST) is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in the General Services and related categories in the United Nations Secretariat. Applicants who have not passed the GGST at the time of application may be invited for the test after submitting an application.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of relevant and progressively responsible experience in the information technology field is required.
- Experience in network security, LAN/WAN and IPT systems design, implementation and operation is required.
- Working experience in network routing and switching, troubleshooting network related problems and network security is desirable.
Network Operations and Administration (LAN/WAN/IPT):
Within limits of delegated authority, the Programme Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Support all aspects of network hardware and software.
- Manage/administer/maintain the network firewall.
- Maintain all switches/routers at recommended operating system and security patch levels.
- Supervise and manage the installation, configuration, testing and deployment of network hardware and software.
- Manage the administration, operation, technical support, and monitoring of network switchers/routers and possible redistribution of load between routers/switches.
- Supervise complex trouble shooting of routing problems and conduct frequent security audits.
- Liaise with other groups within ICTS and the user Departments for maintaining efficient and reliable network connectivity.
- Ensure 24×7 operations and monitoring of assigned systems.
- Identify the need for new systems or re-engineering of the existing systems. Implement backups of all switch/router configurations.
- Collect various statistics on the performance and reliability of switches/routers and produce pertinent reports.
- Write and maintain the documentation for LAN/WAN/IPT configurations pertinent to operations and system administration.
- Provide technical advice to network users and coordinate user support services.
- Organize and conduct periodic user training sessions to ensure effective use of LAN/WAN/IPT hardware. Set guidelines and principles for problem reporting, resolution and follow-up.
- Oversee the network security VPN and firewalls.
- Act as the technical escalation point for all unified communications related issues.
- Design, implement, manage and troubleshoot the Cisco Unified Communications Systems.
- Manage and troubleshoot the Cisco Analog and Digital voice gateways and devices as well as the Cisco IP phones.
- Perform any other related duties as required.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=176364 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: April 28, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.unon.org|