UNON Reviser Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the UNON is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the Reviser position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with UNON.
UNON Reviser Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on April 20, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by April 26, 2022.
|UNON EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||April 20, 2022|
|Closing Date||April 26, 2022|
UNON Reviser Jobs 2022
The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: First-level degree.
- Experience: Minimum 5 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: Fluency in Arabic, which must be the candidate’s main language. Arabic translators must also have excellent knowledge of English and one other official United Nations language, as tested by the relevant United Nations language competitive examination.
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- A first-level degree from a university or institution of equivalent status is required. Candidates for this position must have passed the combined United Nations Language Competitive Examination for Translators/Précis-writers, Editors, Verbatim Reporters and Copy Preparers/ Proofreaders/ Production Editors in the relevant language or any United Nations language competitive examination in the Arabic language held before 2017.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressive responsible experience in translation, précis-writing, editing, self- revision, verbatim reporting, copy preparing, proofreading or production editing is required.
- Experience using United Nations or similar international organization, terminology databases and word-processing programmes is required.
- Experience in the use of standard computer-assisted-translation (CAT) tools is required.
- Experience using electronic language of the United Nations (eLUNa) and its revision interface is desirable.
- Three (3) years of experience working within a multilingual setting is desirable.
- 1) Revises translations dealing with a broad range of subjects dealt with by the United Nations, while meeting or exceeding required workload standards.
- 2) Translates, mostly without revision, texts covering a broad range of subjects dealt with by the United Nations, particularly those subjects requiring experience and recognized proficiency, while meeting or exceeding required workload standards.
- 3) Makes full use of standard computer-assisted-translation (CAT) tools and actively contributes to their utilization and implementation of any related IT tools and improvements.
- 4) Develops new terminology for use where none exists in the target language.
- 5) Carries out linguistic research and provides input to multilingual terminology database and related reference tools and acts as focal point for these activities as required.
- 6) Validates new terminology and coordinates terminology work with other duty stations and international organizations.
- 7) Counsels and assists translators and briefs them on the procedures and practices of the Unit, terminology and a broad range of subjects, as required.
- 8) Assists the Chief of Unit/Senior Reviser in administrative and operational responsibilities as required.
- 9) Supervises the work of small groups of translators during meetings by acting as focal point for meetings, including during staggered and night shifts.
- 10)Performs quality control of outsourced documents.
- 11)Performs other related duties as required.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=179315 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: April 26, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.unon.org|