UNON Property Control and Inventory Assistant Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the UNON is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the Property Control and Inventory Assistant position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with UNON.
UNON Property Control and Inventory Assistant Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on April 09, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by April 13, 2022.
|UNON EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||April 09, 2022|
|Closing Date||April 13, 2022|
|Position||Property Control and Inventory Assistant|
UNON Property Control and Inventory Assistant Jobs 2022
The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: High School diploma.
- Experience: Minimum 5 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position(s) advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Working knowledge of another UN language is an asset.
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- A High School diploma or equivalent is required. Supplementary technical training in supply chain, property control or logistics is an advantage.
- Passing the Global General Service Test (GGST) is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in the General Services and related categories in the United Nations Secretariat. Successful passing of the Administrative Support Assessment Test (ASAT) in English at the United Nations Headquarters (UNHQ), Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), Economic and Social commission for Western Asia (ESCWA), United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG), United Nations Office at Vienna (UNOV), International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR) or International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) may be accepted in lieu of the GGST. The GGST is administered to applicants when required before the administration of a written assessment and/or interview.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in the field of property management, inventory control, logistics management or related field is required
- Experience working with databases and manipulation of multiple data sets and data sources is required
- Experience working with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) (SAP/UMOJA) is required
- Working experience with an international or multilateral organization or NGO is desirable
- Monitors budget estimates, funding allocations, fund expenditures, etc., and reports on status and progress.
- Prepares requisitions and enters data to initiate requisition process.
- Obtains funding certification of requisitions from Budget section; forwards requisitions to Procurement for action; monitors and follows up on status to ensure that procurement activity is undertaken to meet required delivery timetables.
- Records contract status at all stages of process.
- Coordinates with vendors on delivery schedules.
- Ensures that Receipt and Inspection reports accurately reflect requisitioned items, and that invoices are processed by the Accounts Payable Unit.
- Provides updates on requisition status to relevant units and departments. Update information about inbound movement of goods, based on information provided by vendors and freight providers.
- Manages and maintains records of procurement thresholds for each contract.
- Maintains, updates and ensures accuracy of data in the ERP(Umoja) by recording requisition details, purchase orders and invoice actions.
- Assist in setting the necessary inventory/warehouse planning levels for safety stock and replenishment points.
- Assists in preparation of accurate and auditable statistical reports for management and draft correspondence as required.
- Coordinates logistics requirements in support of training at the United Nations Triangular Partnership Project (TPP) including coordination with vendors on mobilization and demobilization of Heavy Engineering Equipment (HEE), contract management, maintenance of log(s) on serviceability of the HEE and recording of fuel delivery.
- Compiles all requests for training material, transport and fuel, and submit them to the project
- representative for approval.
- Provides administrative support to the training team including printing of training material, video recording of training in conjunction with Humanitarian and Peace Support School (HPSS) and address emerging issues on a daily basis.
- Maintains on-site project files and records including vendor contracts, payment requests, invoices, payment status, Letters of Assist (LOA) and Host Country Agreements.
- Assists in management of petty cash receipts and expenditures
- Provides general office assistance; responds to information requests and inquiries, reviews, logs and routes incoming correspondence, set up and maintain other files/records such as attendance records; organize meetings, workshops and handle other administrative and logistics tasks.
- Supports other units within property management in the areas of receiving and inspection, property control, insurance, disposal and reporting as and when required.
- Performs other duties as required.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=178372 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: April 13, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.unon.org|