UNON Procurement Officer Temporary Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the UNON is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the Procurement Officer Temporary position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with UNON.
UNON Procurement Officer Temporary Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on May 13, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by May 21, 2022.
|UNON EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||May 13, 2022|
|Closing Date||May 21, 2022|
|Position||Procurement Officer Temporary|
UNON Procurement Officer Temporary Jobs 2022
The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent).
- Experience: Minimum 5 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this post fluency in English (both oral and written) is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in supply chain management, procurement, business administration, commerce, engineering, law or related fields is required. A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying years of experience may accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree. The Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies (CIPS) Level 4 or equivalent certification is desirable.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in procurement, contract management or administration or related area is required.
- At least the last 3 (three) years of experience should be direct first hand procurement experience on acquisition of strategic, high-value and of complex scope of goods and services from worldwide sources and for diversified clients in multiple countries is required.
- Experience in procurement supporting public, private or intergovernmental entities that have national, regional or international operations is desirable.
- Experience working with a Systems, Application and Products (SAP) system or another Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system is desirable.
- Plans, develops and manages all procurement and contractual aspects of projects of significant complexity related to worldwide procurement of diverse services and commodities (e.g. information technology, electronic equipment and instruments, vehicles, medicines, foodstuffs, building maintenance materials, office supplies, construction, furniture, etc.), taking into account local economic and other conditions.
- Advises requisitioning units and recipient entities on the full range of procurement issues, providing support and guidance at all stage of the procurement cycle.
- Prepares/oversees preparation and distribution of invitations to tender and manages/conducts all aspects of bid/proposal evaluations.
- Formulates strategies and designs innovative solutions to resolve issues/conflicts for complex procurement projects.
- Establishes and maintains work program and schedule for ongoing contracts and newly-planned ones.
- Participates in negotiations with senior supplier representatives; signs procurement orders up to the authorized limit, and, in cases where the amount exceeds authorized signature authority, prepares submissions to the Contracts Committee for review and subsequent approval by the authorized official.
- Conducts market research to keep abreast of market developments; researches and analyzes statistical data and market reports on the world commodity situation, production patterns and availability of good and services.
- Identifies new technologies, and products/services, evaluates and recommends potential supply sources and participates in the incorporation of research results into the procurement program.
- Oversees adherence to contractual agreements, recommends amendments and extensions of contracts, and advises concerned parties on contractual rights and obligations.
- Prepares a variety of procurement-related documents, contracts, communications, guidelines, instructions, etc.
- Provides guidance to, and may supervise, new/junior staff.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=180188 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: May 21, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.unon.org|