UNON Principal Programme Management Officer Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the UNON is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the Principal Programme Management Officer position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with UNON.
UNON Principal Programme Management Officer Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on March 12, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by April 08, 2022.
|UNON EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||March 12, 2022|
|Closing Date||April 08, 2022|
|Position||Principal Programme Management Officer|
UNON Principal Programme Management Officer Jobs 2022
The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent).
- Experience: Minimum 15 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this post, fluency in oral and written English is required. Working knowledge of French is desirable.
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in programme/project management, engineering, architecture, business or public administration, law or related area is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree. Professional certification or membership of chartered institutes is desirable.
- A minimum of 15 years of progressively responsible professional experience, of which at least seven (7) years are in the field of programme and project management, preferably in the context of planning and implementing large-scale construction or renovation projects is required.
- Senior level responsibility for resource planning and project management and experience in cost control or monitoring is desirable.
- Work experience in the not-for-profit sector, working in an international environment, and work experience within a contracting and legal environment is desirable.
- Experience in using relevant IT systems, such as Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Project Management software is desirable.
In this context, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Formulates and implements the substantive work programme under his/her supervision, entailing the establishment and maintenance of programme management, control and support arrangements, including an appropriate communications and contracting strategy, aiming to ensure that the UNON Conference Upgrade project progresses on time and budget, while mitigating key project risks by applying relevant expert knowledge of the design, construction and project management methodologies. Oversees the management of the UNON Conference Upgrade project related design and construction activities undertaken by that Service, including acquisition management, contracting, scheduling, cost estimating, quality control and contract administration. Ensures that programmed activities are carried out in a timely fashion and co-ordinates work in the different areas both within the UNON Conference Upgrade project team, UNON and with other Departments and entities of the United Nations System, as well as with the local authorities, including departments of construction, planning offices, roads and utilities authorities as appropriate.
- Leads, supervises and carries out the UNON Conference Upgrade work programme under his/her responsibility including the management and coordination of the project cost, such as bill of quantities and time control procedures as well as the validation of any change order to contracts. Oversees the Project Management Plan for site operations, project guidelines, policies, procedures and performance standards. Ensures implementation of the project management plan in all phases of the project. Approves all design and construction contracts submitted. Manages the financial, human and contractual resources assigned, including the programme management firm. Oversees the work carried out by different work units under the Service and co-ordinates the work programme with other parts of the UNON Conference Upgrade project team and other UNON entities as necessary. Ensures resources are used properly in order to achieve all UNON Conference Upgrade project goals and objectives.
- Oversees the preparation of reports for presentation to intergovernmental bodies such as the Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budget Questions, Committee for Programme Coordination, and the General Assembly, as appropriate.
- Oversees all cost estimates, cost reports, cost analysis worksheets, owner’s reports, fee payments, monthly construction invoices, master cost breakdowns, general conditions estimates and labour cost reports. Approves monthly project reports from project consultants.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=174836 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: April 08, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.unon.org|