UNON Information Technology Assistant Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the UNON is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the Information Technology Assistant position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with UNON.
UNON Information Technology Assistant Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on April 09, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by April 13, 2022.
|UNON EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||April 09, 2022|
|Closing Date||April 13, 2022|
|Position||Information Technology Assistant|
UNON Information Technology Assistant Jobs 2022
The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: High school diploma.
- Experience: Minimum 7 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- High school diploma or equivalent. Additional qualification in information technology or other related field is desirable.
- Passing the Global General Service Test (GGST) is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in the General Services and related categories in the United Nations Secretariat. Successful passing of the Administrative Support Assessment Test (ASAT) in English at the United Nations Headquarters (UNHQ), Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA), United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG), United Nations Office at Vienna (UNOV), International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR) or International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) may be accepted in lieu of the GGST. The GGST is administered to applicants when required before the administration of a written assessment and/or interview.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of relevant and progressively responsible experience in the Information Technology field or related field, is required
- Experience in the deployment of SCCM and group policy is required
- Experience in the administration, management and operation of a large Information Technology environment with MS servers is desirable.
Within delegated authority, the Information Technology Assistant will be responsible for the following duties: (These duties are not all inclusive nor are all duties carried out by all Information Technology Assistants.)
- Desktop Administration and Configuration: Supervise staff for specific projects; Monitor all personal computers running the UN software delivery system; Perform software distribution updates, scripting, testing and support; Perform research into new versions of centrally supported software, perform beta testing, production rollout and post production support; Perform 2nd level desktop troubleshooting; Provide technical advice to client; Provide guidance and training to staff; Prepare, maintain and update files and internal databases; Draft documentation and reports.
- Service installation and support: Receive and log services request calls; Resolve problem and service request calls; Schedule service requests including equipment replacement/installation, software installation, Local Area Network connection, return to stock, site surveys; Diagnose and resolve any hardware, software or connectivity problem; Provide basic training to end user; Log all action including site survey, steps taken to resolve problem or to complete task and problem encountered, current status; Act as focal point for technical staff at lower levels; Escalate tasks to the appropriate parties; Detect problem patterns and recommends solutions.
- Service coordination: Receive and log service requests; Create and assign work order in accordance with the established procedures; Distribute work assignment and monitor progress; Liaise with other area of ICTS to facilitate completion of service requests; Provide advice to client regarding ICTS standards and workflow processes; Perform quality assurance procedure; Address escalated problems and monitor resolution.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=172067 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: April 13, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.unon.org|