UNON Information Systems Officer Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the UNON is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the Information Systems Officer position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with UNON.
UNON Information Systems Officer Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on April 14, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by May 11, 2022.
|UNON EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||April 14, 2022|
|Closing Date||May 11, 2022|
|Position||Information Systems Officer|
UNON Information Systems Officer Jobs 2022
The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent).
- Experience: Minimum 5 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required.
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in computer science, information systems, mathematics, statistics or related field. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in planning, design, development, operation and maintenance of Conference Management and Simultaneous Interpretation Systems (CMSI) including Remote Simultaneous Interpretation (RSI), AV Distribution and Control, AV Broadcasting and Recording Systems including Web streaming, Video Conferencing, Networking, Conference Control Room Architecture and Engineering is required.
- Proven track record of managing and delivering highly complex projects in a multi-project environment, including experience in integrating large-scale information systems and implementing IT solutions to optimize business processes is required.
- Experience of the United Nations or similar ICT system environment and enterprise architecture is desirable.
Under the general supervision of the Chief of Design and Construction and direct supervision of Deputy Chief ICTS (Chief, Infrastructure and Conference Support) the Information Systems Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Understands and captures the current UNON ICTS and Conference architecture, defines the future (target) architecture, undertakes gap analysis to define areas of discrepancy; ensures adherence to global and local technology standards and procedures.
- Plans and directs major systems projects of significant importance to the institution, or major components of these complex systems which typically impact critical operations and large or multiple user groups.
- Provides expert advice on complex systems analysis and design; identifies the need for new systems (or modifications to existing systems) or respond to requests from users; develops plans for feasibility assessment, requirements specification, design, development, and implementation, including project plans, schedules, time and cost estimates, metrics, and performance measures.
- Develops cost proposals for contractual services, oversees the technical evaluation of proposals received and manages the contract service.
- Tracks and monitors project progress against plan, requirements, quality measures, standard processes; liaises with users on all aspects and during all phases of development and implementation.
- Provides professional leadership and work direction to assigned project team, and/or mentor and supervises the work of new/junior officers, contract staff, etc.
- Is actively involved in the execution of the most complex aspects of the project (e.g., systems analysis, development, implementation etc.); oversees development of document and database structures, ensuring that all design aspects are addressed, and control and security mechanisms are established.
- Develops, implements, and monitors information standards and guidelines, including testing paradigms.
- Prepares technical and user documentation for entire systems and interdependent applications; prepares training materials and detailed technical presentations.
- Keeps abreast of developments in the field and determines the need for testing and evaluating new products and technologies; provides leadership on introducing technological changes; prepares various technical reports.
- Facilitates communications between ICTS and its major stakeholders for good project coordination.
- Acts as a focal point on ICTS matters with the contractor. Develops and manages internal and external coordination processes to manage ICTS related activities in relation to the execution of the renovation and construction works
- Participates in planning and preparation of the budget, work program and spending plan.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=177789 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: May 11, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.unon.org|