UNON Finance and Budget Officer Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the UNON is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the Finance and Budget Officer position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with UNON.
UNON Finance and Budget Officer Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on March 22, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by May 04, 2022.
|UNON EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||March 22, 2022|
|Closing Date||May 04, 2022|
|Position||Finance and Budget Officer|
UNON Finance and Budget Officer Jobs 2022
The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent).
- Experience: Minimum 5 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of a second official United Nations language is desirable.
- Duty Station: Nairobi
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business administration, finance, or related field, is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree. Professional qualification from a recognized accountancy body like Association of Chartered Accountants (ACA), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Certified Public Accountants (CPA), or Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) is a desirable.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in finance, administration, budget, business administration or related area is required.
- Supervisory Experience with performance management is required.
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Platform (ERP) systems specifically in the use of SAP/ERP is required.
- Experience with management and monitoring financial reporting and/or donor reporting specifically using Business Intelligence is desirable.
- Experience with the International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) framework and preparation of financial statements is desirable.
- Provide input to the strategic planning of the organization in line with established frameworks and guidelines;
- Review and analyze data with respect to the finalization of cost estimates and budget proposals in terms of staff and non-staff requirements for regular budget and extra-budgetary resources under UNON Administration;
- Provide substantive support and documentation to relevant intergovernmental and interagency bodies in their review of budget proposals and their revisions;
- Monitor budget implementation and performance and recommend reallocation of funds as necessary;
- Ensure that resources are utilized in line with authorized budgets, the priorities of the organization and the UN financial rules and regulations;
- Review and make appropriate recommendations with respect to the finalization of budget performance reports including analyzing variances between approved budgets and actual expenditures;
- Manage the approved staffing table including approving requests for modification of positions and organizational units as well as requests for recruitment and (re)classifications;
- Execute cost recovery in line with established agreements and policies and support on the collection of associated receivables;
- Perform certifying functions of financial transactions as per delegation;
- Produce periodic and ad hoc reviews and reports and recommendations in relation to the various responsibilities assigned to the Section.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=174213 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: May 04, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.unon.org|