UNON Finance and Budget Assistant Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the UNON is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the Finance and Budget Assistant position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with UNON.
UNON Finance and Budget Assistant Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on April 15, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by May 13, 2022.
|UNON EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||April 15, 2022|
|Closing Date||May 13, 2022|
|Position||Finance and Budget Assistant|
UNON Finance and Budget Assistant Jobs 2022
The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: High school diploma.
- Experience: Minimum 5 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- A High school diploma or equivalent is required. Additional qualifications in finance, administration or project management is desirable.
- Passing the Global General Service Test (GGST) is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in the General Services and related categories in the United Nations Secretariat. Applicants who have not passed the GGST at the time of application may be invited for the test after submitting an application. Staff members who were granted a fixed term, continuing or permanent appointment as a result of having passed a predecessor test recognized by the Office of Human Resources Management, and who have continuously held such appointments, are not required to take the new test.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively work experience in finance, budget or related area is required.
- Working experience with the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and finance system such as Oracle or SAP and experience with International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) is desirable.
- Experience with data analysis and reconciliation in excel or similar tools is desirable.
- Working experience with Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable or Treasury functions is desirable.
- Experience on client support such as communication with clients and handling of iNeed tickets or equivalent is desirable.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel is desirable.
- Experience in reconciling financial data from two or more sources is desirable
- 1. Assist in the collection of data for preparation of cost estimates and budget proposals in terms of staff and non-staff requirements for regular budget and extra-budgetary resources under UNON Administration;
- 2. Assist with the data extract for and preparation of various reports to management;
- 3. Assist in monitoring budget implementation and performance;
- 4. Assist with ensuring that requisitions for goods and services are in line with authorized budgets, the priorities of the organisation and the UN financial rules and regulations;
- 5. Co-ordinates with other finance and budget staff on related issues during preparation of budget reports.
- 1. Process financial documents such as accounts payable, payroll and account receivable, in line with the financial rules and regulations;
- 2. Audits various accounting transactions, e.g., vendor payments, payroll, education grants, taxes, etc. to ensure correctness of disbursement and adherence to relevant staff rules, financial regulations and rules, ST/AI issuances or practices;
- 3. Assist in the review and analysis of various accounting data;
- 4. Scrutinize supporting documents for completeness, accuracy and validity of requests in line with applicable policies, procedure, rules and regulations before submission to Supervisor;
- 5. Process accounting adjustments and corrections in line with requests submitted by Clients and approved by the Supervisor;
- 6. Assist in the analysis of open item managed accounts (OIM) in the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system and initiate corrective action;
- 7. Perform reconciliation of general and subledger accounts and clears suspense accounts.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=174476 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: May 13, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.unon.org|