UNMISS Geospatial Information Assistant Jobs 2021 South Sudan: Currently the UNMISS is hiring employees for their upcoming projects. There is a total of 01 vacancy for the Geospatial Information Assistant position. Now for all South Sudanese NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with UNMISS.
UNMISS Geospatial Information Assistant Jobs 2021 employment advertisement is published on 01st June 2021. Candidates can apply via online by June 15, 2021.
|UNMISS EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||01 June 2021|
|Closing Date:||15 June 2021|
|Position||Geospatial Information Assistant|
UNMISS Geospatial Information Assistant Jobs 2021
The United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Malakal, South Sudan.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief Geographic Information Services (GIS) or his designated officer, the Incumbent is responsible for the performance of the following duties:
- Produce maps for operations in the UNMISS Sector North area of responsibility;
- Compile geographic data such as vector, raster, satellite imagery and other data sources;
- Process satellite imagery;
- Conduct GPS survey with commercial device and/or Mobile Solution;
- Prepare and carry out the impression of maps;
- Assist GIS staff on the software/hardware side such as GPS data transfer, Plotter ink replacement, loading roll of paper for printing maps;
#1: Position: Geospatial Information Assistant
- Education: High school diploma. Post-secondary education at college, university or specialized training institution in GIS related field, in cartographic or survey for practical operations. Knowledge of GIS software (ESRI and ERDAS Imagine) is required. Familiarity with information technology (IT) and other GIS software like QGIS is an added asset.
- Experience: A minimum of five years of experience in Geospatial Information System, data collection and management, mapping, data visualization, or other related area, is required.
- Languages: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English (both oral and written) is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is desirable”. Knowledge of other languages spoken in South Sudan is desirable.
- Employment Type: Contract.
- Remuneration: offer a highly competitive salary.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching a detailed cover letter
and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. Make sure to include all past work experiences, if any, IT skills, etc.
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully. Interested Candidates May Apply Online by using the following links. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. The closing date: 15th June, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. (New York time).
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Job Application Link||Apply Now|
|Official Notification Link||unmiss.unmissions.org|