United Nations Secretariat Political Affairs Officer Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the United Nations Secretariat is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the Political Affairs Officer position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with United Nations Secretariat.
United Nations Secretariat Political Affairs Officer Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on March 26, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by April 07, 2022.
|United Nations Secretariat EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||United Nations Secretariat|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||March 26, 2022|
|Closing Date||April 07, 2022|
|Position||Political Affairs Officer|
United Nations Secretariat Political Affairs Officer Jobs 2022
The United Nations Secretariat seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent).
- Experience: Minimum 7 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in both English and French, (both oral and written) is required.
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Political Science, Law or Development, or a related field. A first level university degree with a combination of two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree. Professional training in the areas of planning, monitoring and evaluation, facilitation and/or coordination is an asset.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in political science, international relations, law, disarmament, security, development management, conflict resolution or related area is required.
- Experience in political outreach, analysis, advice, and reporting is required.
- Experience in collaborating with regional and sub-regional organizations is required.
- Experience in supporting political and security dialogue and cooperation processes is desirable.
- Experience of working in the Great Lakes region is desirable.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Political Affairs Officer:
The incumbent backstops or otherwise supports the Senior Political Affairs Officer in carrying out work related to the mission’s mandate. She/He actively maintains regular contacts at the working level with various offices of involved governments, United Nations agencies, and diplomatic missions.
- Leads and organizes operational activities related to the work of the office or mission, i.e., political and security cooperation processes, disarmament, demobilization and reintegration, conflict prevention and resolution, political engagement on elections, political and governance institution-building, civil society support work, etc.; pursues an integrated approach that includes a rights-based dimension, conflict prevention sensitivity, and a gender perspective into the policy, planning and operational activities of the unit.
- Prepares and reviews briefing notes and talking points for the Director Political Affairs , Head of Mission and other senior staff. Provides guidance and advice on assigned issues to the head of mission, as well as other selected offices of intergovernmental bodies concerning assigned areas of work, status of negotiations, and the approach to various issues.
- Prepares responses to comments, statements, and queries of parties and manages operations involving several components of a limited nature, such as civilian, military or humanitarian operations.
- Develops and maintains working relations with the co-Guarantors of the Peace, Security and Cooperation Framework, i.e. the African Union, the International Conference on the Great Lakes region and the Southern African Development Community, at the working levels and promotes concerted political engagement and action and a strengthened strategic partnership on issues and policies of mutual concern.
- Participates in a team which deals with a variety of political and security issues in the Great Lakes region. Attends meetings to identify the progress, challenges and entry points for political engagement, considers methodologies, and leads or actively participates in developing guidelines, terms of reference and operational plans and time frames for new assignments.
- Assists in planning, coordinating and supporting programmes, projects and activities requiring mission and/or interagency involvement and participation. Represents the team at round tables, seminars and conferences.
- Provides substantive support to his/her supervisor in the formulation of the programme of work, budget and medium-term plan of the unit by actively participating in or leading meetings, drafting major components and compiling or researching issues related to the mission.
- Performs other related duties as required.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=177858 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: April 07, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.un.org|