United Nations Secretariat Legal Officer Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the United Nations Secretariat is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the Legal Officer position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with United Nations Secretariat.
United Nations Secretariat Legal Officer Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on April 09, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by April 22, 2022.
|United Nations Secretariat EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||United Nations Secretariat|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||April 09, 2022|
|Closing Date||April 22, 2022|
United Nations Secretariat Legal Officer Jobs 2022
The United Nations Secretariat seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: Advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent degree).
- Experience: Minimum 5 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language is desirable.
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- An Advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent degree) in administrative, employment or international law. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five years of experience in law, including legal analysis, research and writing, is required.
- At least one year of experience in administrative or employment/labor law is required.
- Experience as a judicial/legal clerk, legal officer or legal professional in a related field is desirable.
- Experience in litigation in an international or domestic judicial system is desirable.
Within delegated authority, the Legal Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- – Provide substantive, technical and administrative support for the adjudication of cases by the UNDT judges;
- – Review submissions to the UNDT;
- – Draft, review and advise on legal documents and correspondence;
- – Support Judges by preparing drafts of facts, procedural information and submissions and gathering background materials, as required, attend meetings and advise on emerging issues and questions, as required;
- – Identify issues, draft legal texts and handle a wide range of complex legal matters involving interpretation and application of administrative/employment law;
- – Conduct extensive legal research and provide detailed analysis of cases and jurisprudence;
- – Provide legal advice on diverse substantive and procedural questions;
- – Support the Judges in producing accurate, comprehensive judgments, including review of draft judgments for any inconsistencies or inaccuracies and ensuring editorial uniformity prior to dissemination.
- – Respond to correspondence/queries from the parties;
- – Perform other duties as required.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=178704 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: April 22, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.un.org|