UNICEF Information Management Specialist Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the UNICEF is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the Information Management Specialist position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with UNICEF.
UNICEF Information Management Specialist Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on April 27, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by May 02, 2022.
|UNICEF EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||April 27, 2022|
|Closing Date||May 02, 2022|
|Position||Information Management Specialist|
UNICEF Information Management Specialist Jobs 2022
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: Advanced university degree.
- Experience: Minimum 5 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: Fluency in English (verbal and written). Good written and spoken skills in the language of the humanitarian operation and knowledge of another UN language is an asset.
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the area of IM, assessments and/or M&E with either the UN and/or NGO.
- Advanced university degree in informatics, statistics, GIS, or other relevant fields.
- Fluency in English (verbal and written). Good written and spoken skills in the language of the humanitarian operation and knowledge of another UN language an asset.
- Experience working in the context of a natural disaster or armed conflict highly desirable.
- Resourcefulness, flexibility, and the ability to prioritize large amounts of work while under pressure.
- Good analytical, communication and presentation skills.
- Politically and culturally sensitive, awareness of gender issues, with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- Experience with the UN is a plus.
- Fluency in English (verbal and written). Good written and spoken skills in the language of the humanitarian operation and knowledge of another UN language is an asset.
Main Responsibilities And Tasks
Under the supervision of the Chief Education and the Chief Child Protection, the Information Management Specialist will perform the following key tasks and responsibilities:
- The support provided to the Child Protection Sub-Working Group (CPWG) and the Education in Emergency Working Group (EiE WG) will be defined in regard to the overall need of information at the national and county levels. Collaboration and consultation with CPWG coordinators/focal points and EiE WG, CPWG coordinator as well as sub-working group members together with the EiE WG coordinator and the EiE WG members is essential to the process. Key responsibilities at national and sub-national (where applicable) levels include:
- Work with CPWG and EiE WG members to identify information gaps at national and county levels and to propose ways to bridge such gaps. The process should take into consideration of the existing IMS (e.g. Child Protection Information Management System of the DCS) and gaps in terms of both quantity and quality.
- Lead CP and education assessment planning and activities respectively on behalf of the CPWG and EiE WG members.
- Ensure that key CP and education concerns are reflected in OCHA-led multi-sectorial assessments, as well as other non-CP and non- education assessments.
- List and adapt existing IM tools (e.g. 4W matrix), development of new ones (real time data at school levels) where needed and supporting CPWG and EiE WG members in using these tools.
- Build the capacity of CPWG and EiE WG members through training and coaching on IM processes including data collection, storage and analysis to inform decision-making, advocacy, dissemination, etc.
- Assist in formulating and providing regular inputs to UNICEF and OCHA sitreps.
- Maintain regular contact with OCHA and the education and protection working group towards harmonization of tools and sharing of information where necessary.
- Ensure adequate representation of CP and education in Assessments and Information Management forums including regular update of existing child protection and education information in existing online platforms, such as OCHA website.
- Respond to other CP and education information management needs for the CPWG and EiE WG as identified by the coordinators and member organizations, including usage of case management systems such as the inter-agency child protection and education information management system.
- Undertake frequent field visits (as required) in the affected counties to train members of the EiE WG and CPWG at the national and county level as needed.
- Support data collection and data analysis at the school level to enhance available real time data collection tools and mechanisms
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://jobs.unicef.org/cw/en-us/job/550486 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: May 02, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.unicef.org|