UNICEF Education Sector Coordinator Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the UNICEF is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the Education Sector Coordinator position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with UNICEF.
UNICEF Education Sector Coordinator Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on April 27, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by May 02, 2022.
|UNICEF EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||April 27, 2022|
|Closing Date||May 02, 2022|
|Position||Education Sector Coordinator|
UNICEF Education Sector Coordinator Jobs 2022
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: Masters or advanced degree.
- Experience: Minimum 5 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: Fluency in English (verbal and written). Good written and spoken skills in the language of the humanitarian operation and knowledge of another UN language is an asset.
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- Masters or advanced degree in education, social sciences, international development, humanitarian response or any related field.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible relevant experience in the field of education.
- Strong experience in Cluster or education working group coordination in developing countries is required.
- Technical experience and knowledge in the area of education in emergency response specially in climate chock contexts is required, including monitoring and evaluation and partnership coordination.
- Proven experience of high- quality report writing and documentation.
- Resourcefulness, flexibility, and the ability to prioritize large amounts of work while under pressure.
- Good analytical, facilitation, communication and presentation skills.
- Politically and culturally sensitive, awareness of gender issues, with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- Experience with the UN is a plus.
- Fluency in English (verbal and written). Good written and spoken skills in the language of the humanitarian operation and knowledge of another UN language is an asset.
Main Responsibilities And Tasks
Under the supervision of the Chief Education, the Education Sector Coordinator will perform the following key tasks and responsibilities:
- Establish or strengthen the coordination platforms and mechanism for the drought response at county and national level.
- Led by MoE at the national and county levels, work closely with Save the Children and UNICEF Zonal Office Colleagues on undertaking regular coordinating tasks of the education in emergency working group.
- Work closely with other UNICEF Education staff at the county and Zonal Offices, including the Information Management Specialist, to establish/strengthen continuous data generation, analysis and dashboards on the impact of the drought on school age children and the education system and develop relevant strategies for an accurate and predictable response.
- Review, assess and update the education situation in areas affected by emergency (including, but not limited to – the number of girls and boys affected, children with disability and other vulnerable groups, the safety and security of learning environments, the availability of psychosocial and health services, availability of teachers, teaching and learning materials, other relevant information and circumstances affecting children’s access to education).
- Highlight and provide briefing on education issues requiring a response –immediate, medium term and long term and make recommendations on specific UNICEF actions required in its role as sector co-lead Agency and aligned to UNICEF core commitments to children (CCCs).
- Provide technical guidance and direction to education stakeholders including UNICEF for effective planning, implementation and monitoring of agreed education in emergency plans including the linkage with the regular programs in the same areas affected by the emergency and well-being of school age children as well as adolescents (i.e. Out of school children programmes)
- Undertake frequent field visits (as required) in the affected counties to assess the impact of the emergency in schools, join interagency assessment missions and provide technical support to the design and reporting of emergency related missions.
- Collaborate with other sector coordination platforms/ working (sub) groups including child protection, WASH, Nutrition (among others) to ensure generated data on vulnerability and recommended interventions is relevant and targeting the most vulnerable children with the purpose of enhancing an impactful interventions for the wellbeing and education of children and the education sector as a whole.
- Coordinate (to the extent possible) with other education development coordination groups to ensure education issues arising from the drought is also captured by the development partners and the national development and county plans as relevant.
- Support field level coordination and reporting of UNICEF education activities in affected areas particularly through Government and NGO partners.
- Work in close collaboration with the UNICEF Education Section and complete other tasks as assigned by the Chief of Education, and as necessitated by the emergency.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://jobs.unicef.org/cw/en-us/job/550479 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: May 02, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.unicef.org|