UNICEF Driver Jobs 2022 Ethiopia: Currently the UNICEF is hiring employees for their upcoming projects Vacancy for the Driver position. Now for all Ethiopian’s NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with UNICEF.
UNICEF Driver Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on 21 April 2022. Candidates can apply via online by 04 May 2022.
|UNICEF EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||21 April 2022|
|Closing Date||04 May 2022|
UNICEF Driver Jobs 2022
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Jijiga, Ethiopia.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Education: Secondary education is required.
- Experience: Minimum of five  years
- Language: Fluency in English is required.
- Duty Station: Jijiga
- Contract Duration: N/A
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- A secondary education is required, along with a valid driver’s license and knowledge of local driving rules and regulations.
- A minimum of five years of work experience as a driver.
- A minimum of five  years of relevant professional experience as a driver in an international organization, embassy or UN system with a safe driving record is required. Work experience in the field including on road missions to insecure and challenging terrain.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
- Good knowledge of Dire Dawa and its environments, local roads and conditions around the project areas where frequent travel will be required, including but not limited to, Sitti zone.
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies.
- Skills in minor vehicle repairs.
- Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with visitors.
- High sense of confidentiality, initiative and good judgment.
- Ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Drives office vehicles for the transport of UN staff, officials, visitors and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items.
- Meets official personnel and visitors at the airport and may assist with basic visa and customs formalities and arrangements when required.
- Ensures vehicle is kept in good running condition at all times through addressing minor repairs, making arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, water levels, and car washing.
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle; keeps track of insurance and other tax formalities
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://jobs.unicef.org/cw/en-us/job/550281….. to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: 04 May 2022
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.unicef.org|