UNICEF Communication Officer Media Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the UNICEF is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the Communication Officer Media position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with UNICEF.
UNICEF Communication Officer Media Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on April 14, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by April 19, 2022.
|UNICEF EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||April 14, 2022|
|Closing Date||April 19, 2022|
|Position||Communication Officer Media|
UNICEF Communication Officer Media Jobs 2022
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: University degree.
- Experience: Minimum 2 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered an asset.
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- A university degree in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, or another relevant field is required.
- Two years of practical professional work experience in communication, print and broadcast media, or interactive digital media is required. Background/familiarity with Emergency situations is considered as an asset.
Scope of work
The overall objective of the position is to provide media relations support to the UNICEF Kenya country office, especially during the 2022 elections campaign and ongoing drought. Under the overall guidance of the Communication Specialist, the Media Relations Officer will:
- Implement strategic partnerships with Standard Group and Nation Media Group to help promote priority issues for children – early years, connecting schools, primary health care, social protection, ending violence and climate change – in a sustained way during the election period. Support media activities during this period, including child/youth competitions, story collection from the field on the six issues and political debates. Conduct training for UNICEF staff on handling media interviews during the election period.
- Support the Nutrition and WASH sections in developing and implementing a media visibility plan for the ongoing drought in the ASAL counties of Kenya, including developing media and human-interest stories about UNICEF’s support for the humanitarian response, and longer-term resilience building. Lead media visits to produce content for print, TV or radio. Include donor visibility where relevant.
- Support the Health and C4D sections in raising awareness of COVID-19 behaviour change through the media, including combatting rumours, misinformation and vaccine hesitancy. Support the Ministry of Health with media outreach and invitations to COVID-related events.
- Write media materials for UNICEF events, reports launches and other media moments. Mobilise media to attend launch events and press conferences. Prepare and send a weekly internal news update by email. Organise interviews and media cafés as needed, to highlight priority children’s issues.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://jobs.unicef.org/cw/en-us/job/550121 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: April 19, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.unicef.org|