UNICEF Child Protection Specialist Jobs 2022 Ethiopia: Currently the UNICEF is hiring employees for their upcoming projects Vacancy for the Child Protection Specialist position. Now for all Ethiopian’s NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with UNICEF.
UNICEF Child Protection Specialist Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on 08 April 2022. Candidates can apply via online by 14 April 2022.
|UNICEF EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||08 April 2022|
|Closing Date||14 April 2022|
|Position||Child Protection Specialist|
UNICEF Child Protection Specialist Jobs 2022
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Education: University degree.
- Experience: 5 years
- Language: Fluency in English is required.
- Duty Station: Addis Ababa
- Contract Duration: 364 days
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in human rights/IHL law, international development or social/political sciences.
- A first University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant professional experience at national and international levels in child protection, including international work experience.
- Background with Protection in Emergency and previous experience on the Monitoring and Reporting Mechanism/Children and Armed Conflict and on Children Associated with Armed Forces or Armed Groups.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
Support to program/project development and planning:
- Support the preparation/design and conduct/update of situation analysis for the child protection programs/projects and/or sector to ensure that current comprehensive and evidence based data on child protection issues are available to guide UNICEF’s strategic policy advocacy, intervention and development efforts on child rights and protection and to set program priorities, strategies, design and implementation plans. Keep abreast of development trends to enhance program management, efficiency and delivery.
- Participate in strategic program discussion on the planning of child protection programs/projects, with a specific focus on Child Rights Monitoring (CRM) and Children Associated with Armed Forces or Armed Groups (CAAFAG). Formulate, design and prepare programs/projects proposal for the sector, ensuring alignment with the overall UNICEF’s Strategic Plans and Country Program and coherence/integration with UN Development Assistance Framework (UNDF), regional strategies and national priorities, plans and competencies.
- Establish specific goals, objectives and strategies and implementation plans for the sector/s using results-based planning terminology and methodology (RBM). Prepare required documentations for program review and approval.
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal and external colleagues and partners to discuss strategies and methodologies and to determine national priorities/competencies to ensure the achievement of concrete and sustainable results.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://jobs.unicef.org/cw/en-us/job/549921….. to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: 14 April 2022
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.unicef.org|