UNICEF Child Protection Specialist Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the UNICEF is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the Child Protection Specialist position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with UNICEF.
UNICEF Child Protection Specialist Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on April 14, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by April 18, 2022.
|UNICEF EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||April 14, 2022|
|Closing Date||April 18, 2022|
|Position||Child Protection Specialist|
UNICEF Child Protection Specialist Jobs 2022
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: advanced university degree.
- Experience: Minimum 2 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
- Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- An advanced university degree in one of the following fields is required: international development, human rights, psychology, sociology, international law, or another relevant social science field.
- A minimum of six years of professional experience in planning and management in child protection related areas is required. A minimum of two years of experience working in child protection in humanitarian situations and/or mental health and psychosocial support is required.
- Relevant experience in programme development in child protection related areas in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Experience in both development and humanitarian contexts is considered as an added advantage.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
How can you make a difference?
- The Child Protection Specialist reports to the Chief, Child Protection or Child Protection Manager for guidance and general supervision. The Specialist supports the development and preparation of the Child Protection programme(s) and is responsible for the management, implementation, monitoring, reporting, and evaluation of the child protection programmes/projects within the country programme with focus on humanitarian situations and mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS). The Specialist provides technical guidance and management support throughout the programming processes. H/She facilitates the administration and achievement of concrete and sustainable contributions to national and international efforts to create a protective environment for children against all harm, and to protect their rights to survival, development and well being as established under the Convention on the Rights of the Child, international treaties/frameworks and UN intergovernmental bodies.
- The Specialist contributes to the achievement of results according to plans, allocation, results based-management approaches and methodology (RBM), and UNICEF’s Strategic Plans, standards of performance and accountability framework.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://jobs.unicef.org/cw/en-us/job/550084 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: April 18, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.unicef.org|