UNICEF Child Protection Specialist Jobs 2022 Ethiopia: Currently the UNICEF is hiring employees for their upcoming projects Vacancy for the Child Protection Specialist position. Now for all Ethiopian’s NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with UNICEF.
UNICEF Child Protection Specialist Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on 09 May 2022. Candidates can apply via online by 16 May 2022.
|UNICEF EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||09 May 2022|
|Closing Date||16 May 2022|
|Position||Child Protection Specialist|
UNICEF Child Protection Specialist Jobs 2022
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Bahir Dar, Ethiopia.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Education: University degree.
- Experience: Minimum of five  years
- Duty Station: Bahir Dar
- Contract Duration: N/A
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in Social Sciences, international development, humanitarian affairs or another directly related subject
- *A first University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- A minimum of five  years of progressively responsible and relevant professional work experience at the national and international levels in child protection, including in interagency standing committee (IASC) coordination functions, working with government and partners.
- Previous experience working with the UN System, including a specialized agency such as UNICEF is an asset.
- Experience implementing child protection programmes or coordinating child protection response in humanitarian settings is required
- Advance knowledge of child protection approaches, practices and applications.
- Excellent analytical, negotiating, communication and advocacy skills.
- Excellent English writing and editing skills.
- Understanding of information management and reporting
- Experience working in the region is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization.
How can you make a difference:
- Establish and coordinate regular AoR meetings and Strategic Advisory Group meetings including preparing and sharing timely minutes and followup on action points.
- Ensure engagement and representation in all humanitarian cluster related meetings and working groups.
- Regularly update of mapping of child protection actors in in Amhara and related sectors of interventions/capacities (5Ws and local partners including Community Based Child Protection Networks and Community Based Organizations)
- Support regular and effective communication and information exchange including with the federal CP AoR.
- Ensure effective linkage with other clusters and AoRs, including the GBV AoR, protection, education, health, nutrition and WASH Clusters.
- Work with the relevant PSEA focal points and networks to promote the Secretary General’s Bulletin on sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA) in order to support the safeguarding and wellbeing of beneficiaries in the provision of humanitarian assistance.
- In a participatory manner, develop and support implementation of the Child Protection AoR Work Plan
- Contribute to strengthening and building stronger relationships with local partners and actors to enhance engagement and response inside Country
- Ensure Child Protection needs are identified, analyzed and included in the Humanitarian Needs Overview
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://jobs.unicef.org/cw/en-us/job/550168….. to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: 16 May 2022
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.unicef.org|