UNICEF Child Protection Specialist Jobs 2022 Ethiopia: Currently the UNICEF is hiring employees for their upcoming projects Vacancy for the Child Protection Specialist position. Now for all Ethiopian’s NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with UNICEF.
UNICEF Child Protection Specialist Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on 07 April 2022. Candidates can apply via online by 19 April 2022.
|UNICEF EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||07 April 2022|
|Closing Date||19 April 2022|
|Position||Child Protection Specialist|
UNICEF Child Protection Specialist Jobs 2022
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Education: University degree.
- Experience: Minimum of five (5) years
- Language: Fluency in English is required.
- Duty Station: Addis Ababa
- Contract Duration: N/A
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in international development, human rights, psychology, sociology, international law, or another relevant social science field.
- A first University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant professional experience in child protection programming (development and humanitarian), coordination and working with government and other partners is required.
- Experience as Child Protection Coordinator of the Child Protection Area of Responsibility is an asset.
- Relevant experience in child protection in emergencies and coordination in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Experience in both development and humanitarian contexts is considered as an added advantage.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
Key function, accountabilities and related duties/tasks:
- Coordinate (on a monthly rotating basis) together with UNFPA, the CP/GBV AoR Monthly Meetings and ad hoc meetings as needed, including preparing minutes and follow-up on action points.
- Support regular and effective communication and information exchange between the federal and regional/sub-national CP AoR coordination groups.
- Ensure effective linkage with other clusters, including education, nutrition, and WaSH.
- Act as focal point for inquiries on Child Protection AoR’s response plans and operations
- Support and coordinate with those leading the CP/GBV AoR at sub-national level
- Work with UNICEF PSEA Focal Point, the Protection Cluster, PSEA Network, and other humanitarian actors and donors to promote the application of the Secretary General’s Bulletin on sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA) in order to safeguard the wellbeing of beneficiaries in the provision of humanitarian assistance.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://jobs.unicef.org/cw/en-us/job/549929….. to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: 19 April 2022
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.unicef.org|