UNHCR Shelter Associate Jobs 2022 Ethiopia: Currently the UNHCR is hiring employees for their upcoming projects Vacancy for the Shelter Associate position. Now for all Ethiopian’s NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with UNHCR.
UNHCR Shelter Associate Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on 26 March 2022. Candidates can apply via online by 07 April 2022.
UNHCR EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT
|Organization Name||United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||26 March 2022|
|Closing Date||07 April 2022|
UNHCR Shelter Associate Jobs 2022
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Gambella, Ethiopia.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Education: High School Diploma.
- Experience: 2 Years
- Language: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- Duty Station: Gambella
- Contract Duration: N/A
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- Years of Experience / Degree Level For G6 – 3 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
- Knowledge of SPHERE standards and the ability to use basic survey equipment, digital cameras, and computer equipment. Experience in developing shelter and settlement need assessments and undertaking gap analysis for development of shelter programs.
- Assist in carrying out shelter needs assessments while liaising with other relevant sectors such as protection, programme, community services, WASH, administration and supply.
- Work with the relevant stakeholders to ensure that the shelter beneficiary selection process prioritises the needs of the most vulnerable Persons of Concern (PoC).
- Assist the supervisor in developing and updating shelter strategies to reflect evolving situations and ensure alignment with national and global level policies and guidelines including: Global Compact on Refugees, Sustainable Development Goals, Relevant Global Strategies and Policies.
- Provide support in the daily management of all construction and infrastructure projects within the AoR ensuring that works are carried out in compliance to established UNHCR and national standards/best practices for the full project cycle.
- Follow up the design and construction of infrastructure (schools, health centres, reception centres, drainage and road works etc) to confirm these are approved by the relevant authorities, technically sound, supplemented with accurate drawings, detailed BQs and specifications and implemented according to plans, completed within designated timelines, budget and ensure that this information is shared with relevant colleagues.
- Work closely with other relevant sectors such as WASH, education and health so that shelter and infrastructure implementation is synchronised and coordinated.
- Assist implementing partners on sound technical shelter and settlement issues while ensuring compliance with national and global standards, national and operational strategies and guidance.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://public.msrp.unhcr.org/psp/RAHRPRDX/EMPLOYEE/HR/c/….. to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: 07 April 2022
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.unhcr.org|