UNHCR Senior Inter-Agency Coordinat Officer Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the UNHCR is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the Senior Inter-Agency Coordinat Officer position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with UNHCR.
UNHCR Senior Inter-Agency Coordinat Officer Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on April 01, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by April 21, 2022.
|UNHCR EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||United Nations High Commissioner for Refugee (UNHCR)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||April 01, 2022|
|Closing Date||April 21, 2022|
|Position||Senior Inter-Agency Coordinat Officer|
UNHCR Senior Inter-Agency Coordinat Officer Jobs 2022
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugee (UNHCR) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: Graduate degree.
- Experience: Minimum 8 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English. For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language. For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- 9 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 8 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 7 years relevant experience with Doctorate degree.
- Proactively lead and/or participate in inter-agency fora to ensure that UNHCR¿s Mandate and programmes are given due attention and reflected in linkage at the country level, bureaux and at the policy levels of humanitarian and development coordination systems.
- Formulate UNHCR inter-agency positions and ensure senior management endorsement for internal and external consumption and provide briefing notes, talking points and issue papers for relevant discussions in-house with partners, including UN agencies and NGOs, donors, and in inter-agency fora.
- Promote UNHCR’s policies and linkages within multilateral processes, including humanitarian and development processes as elaborated by the humanitarian working groups, the Inter -Agency Standing Committee, and the United Nations Sustainable Development Group (UNSDG), as well as in regional intergovernmental fora (IGAD, ASEAN, ECOWAS, etc) .
- Contribute or lead the effective establishment and maintenance of coordination mechanisms and tools, in line with the refugee coordination model and globally-agreed arrangements applicable in various situations (refugee-only; mixed refugee-IDPs; refugee and migrant movements), ensuring timely and effective needs assessment, appropriate planning, prioritization, implementation, reporting and evaluation, including through the development of joint appeals, regional refugee response plans, regional refugee and migrant response plans, refugee and resilience plans, comprehensive responses.
- Ensure UNHCR participates in line with current policy in inter- agency appeals for IDPs to allow access to pooled funds.
- Lead cross-functional preparation of issues and follow-up within UNHCR in the relevant substantive units and services.
- Maintain frequent formal and informal contacts with his/her counterparts in other organisations.
- Responsible for furthering understanding within UNHCR on inter- agency issues and priorities and advising staff on policy developments and reform initiatives within the humanitarian sphere, as well as the broader UN and development processes. This includes updating key staff on the developments within the Inter-Agency frameworks, UN reforms, Global Compact, as well as promoting and stimulating UNHCR’s implementation of key reforms within the humanitarian and development architecture.
- Ensure internal institutional coherence and coordination of actions pursued for a strong refugee coordination system under government leadership where possible, with accompanying planning instruments in the delivery of refugee responses.
- Where there is lack of clarity as to UNHCR¿s positions and priorities, identify where there are gaps or a lack of clarity and stimulate a process whereby policy will be clearly mapped out and agreed at the highest levels in the organisation.
- Maintain close contact with DER/PCS on emerging issues.
- Perform other related duties as required.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://public.msrp.unhcr.org/psp/RAHRPRDX/EMPLOYEE/HR/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=2&JobOpeningId=35217&PostingSeq=1 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: April 21, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.unhcr.org|