UNHCR Senior Field Security Coordinator Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the UNHCR is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the Senior Field Security Coordinator position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with UNHCR.
UNHCR Senior Field Security Coordinator Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on April 01, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by April 21, 2022.
|UNHCR EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||United Nations High Commissioner for Refugee (UNHCR)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||April 01, 2022|
|Closing Date||April 21, 2022|
|Position||Senior Field Security Coordinator|
UNHCR Senior Field Security Coordinator Jobs 2022
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugee (UNHCR) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: Graduate degree.
- Experience: Minimum 11 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English. For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language. For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- 12 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 11 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 10 years relevant experience with Doctorate degree.
- Minimum of 12 years relevant experience in security risk management. This includes experience in UN or humanitarian field operations, especially in high risk duty stations, and emergencies in various geographical locations.
- Provide practical and well-reasoned, gender nuanced security support and advice to the Bureau Director, Bureau senior managers and Representatives or Head of Office in managing safety and security of UNHCR personnel, Partners, operations, premises and refugees or other persons of concern.
- Proactively monitor situations and events in the region and gather and analyse information with the aim of identifying emerging security trends and providing early warning of any potential security threats that may affect the safety and security of UNHCR personnel, premises, assets and impact programme delivery.
- Upon request from the Bureau Director and in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), provide contextual and security analysis and reports to UNHCR managers and FSS at Headquarters
- Identify and prioritise security-related needs and develop an annual work plan to address them.
- Conduct regular missions to countries in the region, providing security support related to Security Risk Management (SRM) processes, operational plans and security-related administrative issues.
- Provide advice to country FSAs on ensuring gender inclusion in SRM processes.
- Provide contextual advice related to the security of persons of concern.
- Monitor security events and intervene when and where appropriate to ensure that strategic security-related goals are achieved.
- Coordinate with the relevant Bureau and FSS to ensure cross-regional coherence in the design and implementation of security management procedures. Provide a link between country-based Field Security Officers (FSAs) and FSS on strategic issues relevant to the region, disseminate guidelines, policies and procedures and provide advice on their implementation in locations where FSAs are not present.
- Ensure that humanitarian and security objectives are reconciled in the region of responsibility, and that security measures are fully integrated into operational planning (including budgetary provisions) at the earliest stages of development. Conduct security planning and make recommendations.
- When requested by senior managers or in the absence of an FSA in location, ensure that liaison and information sharing network is established / maintained with UNDSS, Host Governments and other actors in the region, to promote UN Security Management System (UNSMS) policies and procedures, including UNHCR’s Security management Policy. By doing so, ensure to the extent possible effective and responsive support from host country law enforcement agencies and the UNSMS.
- Intervene as required to resolve problems, gathering facts and harmonizing views where possible and rendering consistent and well-reasoned judgment.
- Support UNHCR authorities including at Bureau and headquarters levels, with identifying risks, gathering facts, resolving conflict, recommending solutions or courses of action, or any other forms of support that may be required.
- Deliver gender-inclusive security training to UNHCR workforce and Partners as appropriate, aimed at developing skills to plan and conduct operations safely within the specific security environment.
- In coordination with FSS and the Global Learning and Development Centre (GLDC), assist in the identification of training needs, planning and delivery, to include postdelivery evaluation of security training organized within the region.
- Assist in maximising the capacity of national field security staff by assisting in their recruitment and selection, providing coaching, mentoring, training and other forms of advice, identifying their further training needs and assessing their potential for undertaking greater responsibilities.
- Maintain liaison with the Senior Medical Officer and Senior Staff Counsellor in the region, as well as the Senior Staff Health and Wellbeing Service in the Division of Human Resources, referring cases as required.
- Provide post-incident support as appropriate,
- Undertake other functions or responsibilities in the interest of UNHCR’s organisational goals and objectives.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://public.msrp.unhcr.org/psp/RAHRPRDX/EMPLOYEE/HR/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=2&JobOpeningId=35187&PostingSeq=1 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: April 21, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.unhcr.org|