UNHCR Senior Education Officer Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the UNHCR is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the Senior Education Officer position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with UNHCR.
UNHCR Senior Education Officer Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on April 01, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by April 21, 2022.
|UNHCR EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||United Nations High Commissioner for Refugee (UNHCR)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||April 01, 2022|
|Closing Date||April 21, 2022|
|Position||Senior Education Officer|
UNHCR Senior Education Officer Jobs 2022
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugee (UNHCR) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: Graduate degree.
- Experience: Minimum 08 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English. For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language. For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- 9 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 8 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 7 years relevant experience with Doctorate degree.
- 7 years of experience in progressively responsible functions in education. Demonstrated work experience in education programmes. Field experience in education programme management, implementation and coordination in humanitarian and/or development contexts. Experience working with Governments, Ministry of Education and other line Ministries. Strong inter-personal skills in collaboration and coordination. Excellent analytical skills and drafting skills. Strong communications/presentations skills. Demonstrated capacity to work with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrated work experience in refugee education programmes. Knowledge and experience of UNHCR policies and standards. Experience in the area of child protection. Experience with educational research, teaching or education administration. Familiarity with planning, programming, strategic planning, project development, budgeting and resource mobilization.
- Translate global education objectives and strategic directions into regional or national guidance, strategies and priorities.
- Engage, promote and foster partnerships/collaboration with education stakeholders and bodies within the AoR in line with the GCR.
- Provide technical advice and support on all issues related to UNHCR education programmes and strategic directions, in line with UNHCR education policy and other corporate priorities, including through remote support and field missions.
- Support and provide technical advice to senior management and Policy and Development staff allowing for advocacy activities with States and international organisations on all issues related to UNHCR education programmes and strategic directions, including on engaging in global planning processes and multi-country partnerships such as the UNICEF Blueprint.
- Participate in humanitarian and development sector working groups to support and ensure all refugee education support programming at country level is extended, amplified and reported against sector development goals and humanitarian partners and funding serves system strengthening.
- Assist Bureaux and Country Office(s) to elaborate and implement strategies to address issues related to education access, quality and data, in cooperation with other UN agencies (UNICEF, UNESCO, WFP, etc.) and other key education stakeholders.
- Undertake direct dialogue with Country Office(s) on the implementation of education programmes in line with strategic directions, integrated with SDG4 and Education Sector Plans, including with Ministries of Education/Higher Education, education partners and coordination networks (Global Partnership for Education, Education Cannot Wait (ECW) and Local Education Groups, etc.).
- Foster and ensure inter-sectoral linkages and coordination with child protection, GBV, gender, community services, livelihoods/economic inclusion and health, among others, and provide specialist advice for other sectors, to ensure that they fully integrate education related concerns in their planning.
- Monitor implementation of education programmes within the AoR and provide guidance on orientation.
- Support and monitor the implementation of Global Refugee Forum pledges within the AoR.
- Coordinate UNHCR’s role concerning education, represent UNHCR at consultations, and represent UNHCR’s education strategy and policy to other UN bodies, NGOs, interlocutors, institutions and organisations within the AoR.
- Identify training needs and train UNHCR staff, sister UN agency staff, NGOs, and Ministry of Education officials on refugee education priorities and identified topics.
- Develop and disseminate relevant tools to support UNHCR staff and partners in Country Office(s).
- Ensure active exchange of information and that promising practices and case studies are identified, documented and disseminated both within the AoR and beyond.
- Join joint assessment missions in emergencies to minimise the time refugee children and youth spend out of education (ideally a maximum of three months after arrival).
- Prepare, co-ordinate and oversee drafting of education input in key internal and external documents and reports.
- Where relevant, lead
- Perform other related duties as required.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://public.msrp.unhcr.org/psp/RAHRPRDX/EMPLOYEE/HR/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=2&JobOpeningId=35131&PostingSeq=1 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: April 21, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.unhcr.org|