UNFPA Project Coordinator Jobs 2022 Ethiopia: Currently the UNFPA is hiring employees for their upcoming projects Vacancy for the Project Coordinator position. Now for all Ethiopian’s NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with UNFPA. UNFPA Project Coordinator Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on 11 April 2022. Candidates can apply via online by 13 April 2022.
UNFPA EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT
|Organization Name||United Nations Fund for Population Activities (UNFPA)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||11 April 2022|
|Closing Date||13 April 2022|
|Position||Poject Coordinator to lead the implementation of the Sahel Women Empowerment and Demographic Dividend (SWEDD) Africa Regional Project|
UNFPA Project Coordinator Jobs 2022
The United Nations Fund for Population Activities (UNFPA) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Education: Master’s Level Degree.
- Experience: At least 7 years
- Language: Proficiency in at least one of the African Union working languages. Proficiency in one other AU Language is a bonus.
- Duty Station: Addis Ababa
- Contract Duration: N/A
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- A Master’s Level Degree with a focus on Social Sciences, Human Rights, Gender Studies, International Development, or closely related focus.
- At least 7 years of relevant and practical experience on:
- Expertise in AU Gender and development particularly expertise in women empowerment and gender-based violence – including harmful practices and conducting in-depth policy analysis; and producing technical writing and reports with a significant geographical coverage is essential.
- Experience working in the UN system or NGO with a knowledge of development context of the African continent with the ability to synthesize multi-country data and evidence, and information to articulate a continental picture is welcome.
- Proven experience in high-level coordination and advocacy on gender, reproductive health, and human rights issues
- Work experience and/ or knowledge of the Sahel region and good knowledge of women’s empowerment issues and challenges related to demographic transition
- Demonstrated experience in development communication, editing and ability to synthesize complex documents and information into key messages
- Experience in editing and proofreading African Union documents and familiarity with the African Union Commission house style and editorial manual is highly desirable.
Scope of work:
- Managing and monitoring performance of the Project Management Team (PMT) on all aspects of SWEDD ARP implementation – including convening, facilitating, and compiling all reports, as appropriate, for the PMT meetings.
- Providing regular information to the Project’s Regional Steering Committee (RSC), which is composed by the project’s governing Minister in each of the SWEDD client countries on management issues, which require timely intervention, and coordinate all aspects of convening the PSC – including all working documents, such as reports and briefing notes – and coordinating follow-up, implementation, and reporting on all PSC decisions.
- Coordinating all political and high-level engagements, and meetings to ensure visibility, drafting and facilitating consideration of policy decisions and action pertinent to the project’s work within the African Union’s mandate.
- Preparing quarterly, bi-annually and annual progress reports as required.
- Organizing training and orientation information sessions for the PMT, PSC, SWEDD country representatives and other relevant stakeholders’ and staff at least once every quarter; provide substantive information and orientation on AU role in SWEDD project to candidate countries
- Ensuring that all bidding processes for goods, non-consulting and consulting services are performed according to the Financing Agreement (FA) procedures and guidelines.
- Ensure the preparation and execution of all audits / evaluations / supervision missions and ensure that the recommendations are implemented.
- Collaborate and liaise with potential partners and stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain a team spirit; promote a culture of responsibility, transparency, and accountability among team members.
- Develop, sign and coordinate signature of a code of conduct in respect of girls and women’s rights, in line with those adopted by SWEDD client countries and AU code of conduct.
- Perform additional tasks and assignments given by supervisors that are not already defined herein.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://www.unfpa.org/jobs/international-consultant-project-coordinator-lead-….. to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: 13 April 2022
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.unfpa.org|