UNEP UN Restoration Decade Flagship Consultant Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the UNEP is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the UN Restoration Decade Flagship Consultant position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with UNEP.
UNEP UN Restoration Decade Flagship Consultant Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on May 05, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by May 13, 2022.
|UNEP EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||May 05, 2022|
|Closing Date||May 13, 2022|
|Position||UN Restoration Decade Flagship Consultant|
UNEP UN Restoration Decade Flagship Consultant Jobs 2022
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: master’s degree (or higher).
- Experience: Minimum 10 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: English and French are the working languages of the Authority. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- Academic Qualifications: An master’s degree (or higher) in a field relevant to the assignment, A master’s degree (or higher) in environmental sciences, international development, with specific academic or professional background related to climate change adaptation, monitoring and evaluation or other closely related fields is required. A bachelor’s degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the master’s degree.
- At least 10 years of experience related to ecosystem management, blue economy and/or blue finance in SIDS is required;
- Experience in technical research and formulation of project proposals is required;
- Experience in working with multi-disciplinary teams, including local and expatriate technical experts is required;
- Demonstrated experience in project development, implementation and management is an asset.
- Strong analytical, reporting, and writing abilities;
- Excellent facilitation skills;
- Openness to change and ability to receive/integrate feedback;
- Ability to plan, organize, implement, and report on work;
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines;
- Demonstrates integrity and ethical standards;
- Positive, constructive attitude to work
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- The main objective of the consultancy is to lead the formulation of a fully developed proposal for the SIDS Flagship, ensuring cohesion between the 3 project components/outcomes in its design, as well as including experiences of developing project proposals for multilateral funds such as the GEF and GCF. The consultant will be responsible for the preparation of the final project proposal with contribution from the team members from FAO, UNEP, DESA as well as national consultants. Proposal development will be done in consultation with national and international partners to ensure ownership by the Governments of the pilot countries as well as by the Alliance of Small Islands States (AOSIS). National consultants in each of the SIDS countries will be the main focal points for national consultations, and the international consultant will coordinate between them.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=179249 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: May 13, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.unep.org|