UNEP Team Assistant Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the UNEP is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the Team Assistant position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with UNEP.
UNEP Team Assistant Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on March 25, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by April 22, 2022.
|UNEP EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||March 25, 2022|
|Closing Date||April 22, 2022|
UNEP Team Assistant Jobs 2022
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: Completion of high school diploma.
- Experience: Minimum 3 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- Completion of high school diploma or equivalent is required. Additional training in office administration, office management, finance, human resources, or related field is desirable.
- Passing the Global General Service Test (GGST) is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in the General Services and related categories in the United Nations Secretariat. Successful passing of the Administrative Support Assessment Test (ASAT) in English at the United Nations Headquarters (UNHQ), Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA), United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG), United Nations Office at Vienna (UNOV), International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR) or International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) may be accepted in lieu of the GGST.
- The GGST is administered to applicants when required before the administration of a written assessment and/or interview.
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant professional work experience in area of administrative services, finance, human resources or related area is required.
- Experience working with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system such as Umoja, SAP or similar is desirable.
- Experience in administrative support in a Front Office is desirable.
- Experience working in an international organization is desirable.
- Experience in assisting the organization with meetings and conferences is desirable.
- Performs a wide range of office support and administrative functions.
- Responds or drafts responses to routine correspondence and other communications; uses standard word processing package to produce a wide variety of large, complex documents and reports.
- Monitors processes and schedules related the unit’s outputs, products, tasks, where applicable, assists in the verification of receipt and accuracy of requisite documents, approvals, signatures, to ensure compliance with relevant legal, financial and other requirements.
- Researches, compiles and organizes information and reference materials from various sources for reports, work plans, studies, briefings, meetings/conferences.
- Generates a variety of standard statistical and other reports, work orders, using various databases.
- Proofreads documents and edits texts for accuracy, grammar, punctuation and style, and for adherence to established standards for format.
- Screens phone calls and visitors; responds to moderately complex information requests and inquiries (e.g. answers requests requiring file search), and as necessary, refers inquiries to appropriate personnel for handling.
- Provides secretarial, administrative and logistics support to meetings, boards, committees, conferences.
- Assists in the maintenance of websites by scanning, converting and posting a variety of documents onto the site.
- Assists in the preparation of presentation materials using appropriate technology/software.
- Maintains calendar/schedules; monitors changes and communicates relevant information to appropriate staff inside and outside the immediate work unit.
- Performs data entry and extraction functions.
- Reviews, records, distributes and/or processes mail and other documents; follows-up on impending actions.
- Updates and maintains large distribution lists; monitors, prepares and distributes various materials, reports, where possible using electronic formats; handles arrangement for printing and translation as necessary; coordinates shipment arrangements, courier services.
- Performs general administrative tasks (e.g. leave and attendance recording, arrangements for meetings and other events, reservations, budget follow-up), to include preparing and/or processing administrative requests/documents (e.g. requisitions, purchase orders, travel requests, contracts, expenditure authorizations, visa applications).
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=176628 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: April 22, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.unep.org|