UNEP Species Action Planning Specialist Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the UNEP is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the Species Action Planning Specialist position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with UNEP.
UNEP Species Action Planning Specialist Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on March 24, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by April 07, 2022.
|UNEP EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||March 24, 2022|
|Closing Date||April 07, 2022|
|Position||Species Action Planning Specialist|
UNEP Species Action Planning Specialist Jobs 2022
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: Advanced university degree.
- Experience: Minimum 10 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: Fluency in written and spoken English. Excellent writing skills in English is required. French would be an added advantage.
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- Academic Qualifications: Advanced university degree in management, natural resource management, conservation, ecology or a related subject is required. A first level degree with an additional two years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced degree.
- Experience: At least 10 years of progressively responsible experience in natural resource management, conservation, with programme/project management, Monitoring and Evaluation in Africa is required.
- The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the United Nations system’s designated entity for addressing environmental issues at the global and regional level. For countries to be able to achieve the ambitious results of the 2030 Agenda, transformational changes in the way national institutions make decisions, devise policies, legislate and report on sustainable development issues are needed. Access to accurate information and knowledge, cross-sectoral collaboration and coordination both within and across institutions, as well as more inclusive mechanism are necessary. The attainment of environmental goals is a pre-condition to achieving the 17 sustainable development goals (SDGs). Therefore, countries need to be well equipped in understanding the environmental dimension of the goals and their linkages with other commitments; they also need to be able to translate this understanding into concrete measures to realize environmental objectives in an integrated manner.
- The African Elephant Action Plan (AEAP), developed under the auspices of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES), was agreed upon by African elephant range States during a meeting held in the margins of the 15th meeting of the Conference of the Parties to the Convention (CITES CoP15) in 2010 in Doha, Qatar.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=176632 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: April 07, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.unep.org|