UNEP Public Advocacy Lead Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the UNEP is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the Public Advocacy Lead position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with UNEP.
UNEP Public Advocacy Lead Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on April 21, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by April 28, 2022.
|UNEP EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||April 21, 2022|
|Closing Date||April 28, 2022|
|Position||Public Advocacy Lead|
UNEP Public Advocacy Lead Jobs 2022
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: University degree.
- Experience: Minimum 2 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this post, fluency in written and spoken English is required; knowledge of another official UN language is desirable.
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- Academic Qualifications: University degree in journalism, communication, international relations, social sciences, or other related field, or a first university degree with an additional two years of qualifying experience is required.
- Experience: Minimum of two years of progressively responsible experience in public information, communication, programme management or related field is required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment. UNEP’s mandate is to coordinate the development of environmental policy consensus by keeping the global environment under review and bringing emerging issues to the attention of governments and the international community for action. UNEP’s Communications Division communicates UNEP’s core messages to all stakeholders and partners, raising environmental awareness and enhancing the profile of UNEP worldwide.
- This position is located in the Public Advocacy and Outreach Unit in the Communications Division. Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Public Advocacy and Communication Section, the Division intends to recruit an Advocacy Lead dedicated to one of the strategic thematic sub-programmes of the new Medium-Term Strategy, namely, Climate Action.
- The consultant will:
- Develop operational plan covering second half of 2022 based on mapping and calendar of communications and advocacy activities.
- Extend reach and scope of Media for Climate Action campaign by bring onboard and engaging partners, in partnership with blue life.
- Execute and manage partnership with DGC for joint campaigning under the Act Now campaign for ‘Speak Up’ Call to Action.
- In close coordination with account managers, develop launch and marketing plans for relevant flagship publications.
- Produce a quarterly data-rich summary of communication activities
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=178635 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: April 28, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.unep.org|