UNEP Mid Term Review Evaluation Expert Pacific Invasive Species Project Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the UNEP is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the Mid Term Review Evaluation Expert Pacific Invasive Species Project position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with UNEP.
UNEP Mid Term Review Evaluation Expert Pacific Invasive Species Project Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on April 09, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by April 17, 2022.
|UNEP EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||April 09, 2022|
|Closing Date||April 17, 2022|
|Position||Mid Term Review Evaluation Expert Pacific Invasive Species Project|
UNEP Mid Term Review Evaluation Expert Pacific Invasive Species Project Jobs 2022
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: Advanced university degree.
- Experience: Minimum 10 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English with strong writing and editing skills is required.
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- An advanced university degree in environmental sciences, marine science, international development or other relevant political or social sciences area is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two (2) years’ experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of 10 years of technical / evaluation experience, including of evaluating large, global programmes, including overseeing project teams, managing complex budgets, interacting with oversight personnel or committees, and demonstrating adaptive management when necessary is required.
- – Hands-on experience in managing national and international natural resources projects, in particular, concerning biodiversity, natural resources management, protected area management, environmental information management, capacity building etc. is highly desirable.
- – Knowledge of the UN system, specifically of the work of UNEP is desirable.
- – Experience in the project target area Palau or Pacific countries is an asset.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.” Its mandate is to coordinate the development of environmental policy consensus by keeping the global environment under review and bringing emerging issues to the attention of governments and the international community for action. UNEP’s Ecosystems Division works with international and national partners, providing technical assistance and capacity development for the implementation of environmental policy, and strengthening the environmental management capacity of developing countries and countries with economies in transition. This consultancy post is located in UNEP / Ecosystems Division / GEF Biodiversity and Land Degradation unit and reports to the GEF Task Manager. The consultant will work under the direct supervision of the Task Manager and the overall guidance of the Portfolio Manager of the GEF Biodiversity and Land Degradation Unit based in Nairobi.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=178362 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: April 17, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.unep.org|