UNEP International Consultant in Value Chains Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the UNEP is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the International Consultant in Value Chains position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with UNEP.
UNEP International Consultant in Value Chains Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on April 20, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by May 03, 2022.
|UNEP EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||April 20, 2022|
|Closing Date||May 03, 2022|
|Position||International Consultant in Value Chains|
UNEP International Consultant in Value Chains Jobs 2022
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: advanced-level university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent).
- Experience: Minimum 5 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this assignment, fluency in English and French, both oral and written is required. Knowledge of another official UN language is an advantage.
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- Academic Qualifications: An advanced-level university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in environmental sciences or related field is required, a postgraduate specialization in a field directly related to REDD+ is an advantage,
- Experience: At least 5 years of professional experience in value chains assessment, collaboration with the private sector and markets evaluation is required.
- Experience in agroforestry and decentralization is an advantage,
- Professional experience acquired within international organizations, national agencies and donor agencies with analytical capacity in a donor-funded environment is an advantage
- Knowledge and experience of REDD+ stakeholders of Côte d’Ivoire is an advantage.
- The United Nations Environment Programme (UN Environment) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment”. Its mandate is to coordinate the development of environmental policy consensus by keeping the global environment under review and bringing emerging issues to the attention of governments and the international community for action. UN Environment’s Ecosystems Division works with international and national partners, providing technical assistance and capacity development for the implementation of environmental policy, and strengthening the environmental management capacity of developing countries and countries with economies in transition.
- UNEP is a key partner in the United Nations Collaborative Programme on Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation in Developing Countries (UN-REDD), which builds on the combined convening role and technical expertise of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, the United Nations Development Programme and UN Environment Programme.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=178735 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: May 03, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.unep.org|