UNEP Communication Specialist Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the UNEP is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the Communication Specialist position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with UNEP.
UNEP Communication Specialist Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on March 29, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by April 05, 2022.
|UNEP EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||March 29, 2022|
|Closing Date||April 05, 2022|
UNEP Communication Specialist Jobs 2022
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent).
- Experience: Minimum 10 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this post, fluency in oral and written English is required, and knowledge of another United Nations language is an advantage.
- Duty Station: Nairobi
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- Academic Qualifications: Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in communication, marketing, international relations, other related discipline, is required. A first-level university degree (Bachelor’s degree) in combination with two years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Experience: At least 10 years of professional experience with proven strength in communications or work experience associated with this post is required. At least two (2) years in private sector preferably at the international level is desirable.
- The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment. Its mandate is to coordinate the development of environmental policy consensus by keeping the global environment under review and bringing emerging issues to the attention of governments and the international community for action. UNEP’s Ecosystems Division works with international and national partners, providing technical assistance and capacity development for the implementation of environmental policy, and strengthening the environmental management capacity of developing countries and countries with economies in transition. This post is located in the Ecosystems Division at the Marine and Freshwater Branch in Nairobi duty station, under direct supervision of the Chief, Communication, Advocacy and Outreach, Marine & Freshwater Branch, and in close consultation with Head of UNEP News & Media.
- The overall objective of the UNEP’s Ecosystems Division is to support countries in conserving, restoring and sustainably managing their terrestrial, freshwater, and marine ecosystems, the biodiversity they contain and the products and services they provide for human well-being and prosperity. The Division’s mandate is to address the environmental causes and effects from an ecosystems’ approach, including consequences of disasters and conflicts. It helps countries develop policies and programmes to respond to ecosystems challenges, and reduce pollution from land-based activities, increase resilience to climate change and reflect linkages between poverty and environment in their development planning. Recognizing and communicating the existence of the three planetary crises – climate change, biodiversity loss, and pollution – which put us at risk of irreversibly changing our relationship with the natural world rests at the heart of UNEP’s messaging, research, communications, and engagements. The communication objectives of the Marine and Freshwater Branch advance the target of building towards living in harmony with nature, climate stability, and a pollution-free planet.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=177613 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: April 05, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.unep.org|