UNEP Chief of Service Programme Management Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the UNEP is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the Chief of Service Programme Management position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with UNEP.
UNEP Chief of Service Programme Management Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on April 14, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by April 19, 2022.
|UNEP EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||April 14, 2022|
|Closing Date||April 19, 2022|
|Position||Chief of Service Programme Management|
UNEP Chief of Service Programme Management Jobs 2022
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: Advanced university degree (Masters or equivalent).
- Experience: Minimum 15 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of French is desirable. Working knowledge of other official UN languages is desirable.
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- Advanced university degree (Masters or equivalent) in environmental management, international relations, economics, political science or law or related field is required. A first level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years of progressively responsible working experience in environmental management, sustainable development, policy development or science or economic is required.
- At least five years of international experience in a multi-cultural setting is required.
- At least three years of experience in a supervisory capacity is required.
- Experience in international governance processes is required.
- Experience in resource mobilization and partnerships building, including at the highest level of Government is desirable.
Political and Policy Analysis, Relations and Support:
- a) Identify, assess, analyze and monitor environmental and relevant political, economic and social development trends in the region to generate knowledge, information and early warning for policy and decision making and incorporate them into UNEP’s policy and programme development, and effectively contribute to strengthening the UNEP strategic regional presence in Africa.
- b) Provide leadership for the effective provision by the Secretariat of the African Ministerial Conference on the Environment (AMCEN), ensuring that its decisions contribute to the environmental priorities for the region and the delivery of the sustainable development goals.
- c) Formulate short-term, mid-term and long-term strategic and practical recommendations for UNEP’s global regional and sub-regional environmental policy development for the implementation of programmes and projects in the region.
- d) Represent UNEP and the Executive Director in the region at the international and regional forums and inter-agency meetings, and coordinate UNEP’s relations with stakeholders in the region. Initiate, coordinate, organize and advise on UNEP meetings, high-level visits, missions and events in the region, sub-region and countries and follow-up on activities.
- e) Provide substantive policy support to regional, sub-regional trans-boundary political processes in the region.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=179184 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: April 19, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.unep.org|