UNECA Statistician Jobs 2022 Ethiopia: Currently the UNECA is hiring employees for their upcoming projects Vacancy for the Statistician position. Now for all Ethiopian’s NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with UNECA.
UNECA Statistician Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on 31 March 2022. Candidates can apply via online by 13 May 2022.
|UNECA EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||31 March 2022|
|Closing Date||13 May 2022|
UNECA Statistician Jobs 2022
The United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Education: Advanced University degree.
- Experience: Minimum of five years
- Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- Duty Station: Addis Ababa
- Contract Duration: N/A
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or Doctorate degree, or equivalent) in statistics, data science, computer science, information management, mathematics, economics, sociology, or related fields is required. A first-level degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in the specified fields of studies with two additional years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in the collection, compilation, analysis and dissemination of statistical data, data science, big data analytics, machine learning, data mining, deep learning or related area is required.
- Experience with data science tools such as Matlab, Julia, KNIME and data analysis through Statistical Programming Languages (Python) including libraries (e.g. NLTK and Spacy) is desirable.
- Experience in managing large datasets, particularly, unstructured data, is required.
- Experience with using data science methods and tools for the production of statistical information and analyses is desirable.
- Experience with database management systems, including SQL and MongoDB as well as coding and experience with continuous development using Git, Jenkins, Docker and AzureDevOps is desirable.
- Experience with cloud frameworks for the deployment of models and production code development environment (e.g. Azure, AWS) is desirable.
- Organizes, designs, plans and carries out the collection, evaluation, analysis, compilation and dissemination of statistical data by selecting methods of data collection, selecting and implementing methods for checking collected data, and selecting and implementing appropriate methods for data processing for incorporation into databases.
- Participates in the development, implementation and management of statistical database(s).
- Participates in collaborative projects for the development and testing of new methods and machine learning algorithms using Big Data and non-traditional data sources;
- Contributes to the design and develops data science products to reveal insights and provides an understanding or knowledge of the data that would otherwise not be detected without the application of advanced analytical methods such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, predictive analytics, data and text mining, natural language processing, statistics, and use of relevant algorithms and computational approaches;
- Participates in the design and delivery of capacity development activities in statistics and data science, including technical assistance and training;
- Contributes to the development and application of standards for data and metadata exchange for use in different areas of statistics;
- Conducts methodological research, analyze, and present information gathered from various data sources on assigned topics;
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=176599….. to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: 13 May 2022
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.uneca.org|